Pharmacy Nightmare

Home Forums National Chat Pharmacy Nightmare

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Jedt
    Keymaster

This situation with the chemists is getting way out of hand. My aunt has a very bad back and she pulled a muscle yesterday, she went to GP and because there was not one chemist open in the town, she could not get a prescription so she had to get an injection there and then, which left her barely able to get home.

Today I had my daughter at the GP for a vaccination and there was a mum there I know with a sick child. She does not drive and the GP was telling her to get a bus to Swords to fill the prescription her child needed. So she would have to take her sick child, on a bus to get the medicine the child needed? She explained she could not and would not do this but the GP just said there was nothing they could do and suggested she ask someone to go for her. It was so awful to see that situation and it could have been avoided.

It’s really crazy – our health system is crumbling in so many areas, its embarrassing at times.

Anonymous
    Inactive

What ones are affected in Drogheda. Just realised this morning that my blood pressure medication is in need or renewal at the weekend, my perscription is with the pharmacy at Staffords. Plus ds has had an ear infection for 3 weeks, back to the GP this evening for 4th set of antibiotics, were do i go to get it?

rossylisa

Does the cottage pharamcy and boots not do them ❓

Yvonne

Boots are fulfilling prescriptions… and I think some or the smaller chemists, I know Kerins in Duleek are.

scole1

my gp said that wheaton hall is open….

Anonymous
    Inactive

The chemist on the Rathmullen Road (beside the top entrance to the leisure park) is open

mommycakes

Mahers chemist on West St is open.

Jedt
    Keymaster

Ring before you go because alot of chemists are running low on stock now. Hopefully this situation will get resolved soon…Balbriggan, Skerries etc. have been badly affected

rossylisa

i got an antibiotic in the cottage pharmacy ( cross the way from cottage hosp) no problem today 2 min wait 😀

Anonymous
    Inactive

got some of Dans medicine in Byranstown Pharmacy, out of some so to go back tomorrow.

Taylor5

Bryanstown pharmacy is open, got my script filled the other day only took 5 mins….
    So anyone looking for a pharmacy out of town with a quick service, this might be a good choice, free parking no long q’s like Boots….

Taylor5

No Wheaton Hall was closed, think all the Hickeys branches are closed. They did open for a few hours on Tuesday then closed!!! Maybe he got confused with Bryanstown

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.