Pets?

Home Forums Louth Chat Pets?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Jedt
    Keymaster

Hi all,

I’m putting together a light hearted weekly column for the Drogheda Independent called "Me and my…."

I would like to do one called "Me and my pet"

anyone out there mad about cats or dogs or snakes or gerbils or any kind of pet!!? do you wanna show off your pet to the readers of the Drogheda Independent?

if so, PM me or reply here or you can contact me on makeabetterlife@iol.ie

Thanks, Siobhan

scole1

getting my little puppy on moday so excited so might show him off to the world….the fydo shop on west street have photos of customers who are mad about their pets….

joey_rudd

how about my hubby does he count as a pet? 😆

Jedt
    Keymaster

Scole 1,

Good idea, I’ll have a look in Fydo and see if anyone would like to talk to me up there.

Let me know when you get your puppy, hope he settles in well!!

Good luck,
    Siobhan

Joey,

Hope your hubby doesn’t read these boards!! Thanks for making me giggle!

taz_zina

You should check out Drogheda Animal Rescue.. They may be able to help you, especially with all the great re-homing stories of cats and dogs.. Their number is 041 9832418. You could get some great things to write about… either Lisa, Liz or Deirdre are the people to talk to ..

Good luck !!

Taylor5

Sabbi I posted this in Genral chat last month under "A boys best friend". Its sooo cute and the photos are class

I got ds a dog before xmas and I have question many times when my garden is getting dug up and house getting wrecked, Did I do the right thing?
    Well last evening ds was out playing with his sandbox and the dog, I couldnt see ds in the garden so I went looking for him
    Well I found him and the dog lying in the kennel, I called dh and we both were peeping around the corner. Ds was lying down telling Dotty bedtime stories I was in tears it was soooo cute. I think we have true friends in the making
    I knew that second I made the best decision since having ds himself

Then today we were painting and I took my eyes off ds, our white and black spotty dog now has Blue spots too

Jedt
    Keymaster

Thanks – thats great idea about animal rescus, ill give them a buzz next week!

any more ideas please keep them coming!!

Thanks again girls,
    Siobhan

Jedt
    Keymaster

anyone with unusual pets? would love to hear from you…for the column!!

keep the ideas coming,

thanks,
    siobhan

Jedt
    Keymaster

anyone with unusual pets? would love to hear from you…for the column!!

keep the ideas coming,

thanks,
    siobhan

Moonflower

Hi Sabbi,

Moonflower here,remember u pmed me last week about beach & Crilly our foster dog?

Anyway as many mumstown posters know on here,we are now a family of 7,a 2 yr old boy & 4 furry babies (dogs)…….you are more than welcome to do story on us……as you know i also work with Drogheda Animal rescue & foster dogs for them as well……..have met several other young families who do same……

I also do Reiki healing & often do healing on my dogs when they are feeling a bit poorly,thats a different story as well???
    Just ideas…not that i am trying to get in paper …. 😆

scole1

we got our little pup on the bank holiday monday and i have to say i’m soo in love, it’s amazing how much you get sooo attached to them so quickly and how they become a part of the family so easily, it’s like having a baby, they cry they eat they sleep and they poop but all fun and worth it when they look in your eyes and cuddle into you……i know i perhaps will spoil this dog but i just can’t help it, and what’s changed really in our house is that my son’s not as clingy to me which is a bonus and he just loves the dog doesn’t fuss to much over him but loves him, the 2 of them feel asleep in the car together, my ds who’s 2 was on holding duties in the back in his care seat and the too nodded off together, so if they become friends like taylor’s ds and dog that would be great…….but so far he’s a joy, besides cleaning up piddle and poo and watching what he chews he’s my number 2 baby i dunno how people can be so cruel…..delighted i made the decision to get him

Taylor5

Went out to mornington beach this evening and Dotty vomited all over the boot of the car, it was in a puddle down where the spare wheel goes…. I handed the key to dh and told him I was putting ds to bed.
    Could you imagine me cleaning it? I would have added to the vomit 😆 😆 😆 😆
    So I think the road trips are out for us 🙁

rossylisa

my dog does that all the time taylor if he is in the car for a few minutes he gets sick we go up to the beach a couple of times ( 5 mins away) or to towney hall and he always gets sick

sabbi i have a lil jack russell that loves playing with the football if you want something funny to see hes great at it 😆 😆 😆

Moonflower

Maybe Sabbi could do a story on us Mumstown mums and our pets 😆 😆

Scole,i would love to come & see yr pup when hes a bit older past his injections stages 🙂 i think dogs are fab to have arnd as u know & they do help wiv the clingy children syndrome,i know i spoil my DS & spend as much time as poss with him and that would make him ideal candidate to be clingy but he never gets jealous or clingy if i pick up or cuddle another child,i think he is so used to sharing my attention with dogs its as if he has loads brothers & sisters…….

Taylor,have had that vomit thing a few times,dont envy yr Dh cleaning it up,had to sell our last car in end,cdnt get smell out of it 😳 😳

Lisa,that must be a trait in terriors,my terrior cross does same,loves football,plays gr8 with Ds as well now with ball………

but my collie cross,hates the hurling stick,if she sees it she runs and hides & wen Dh used to take it out on walks with them she used torun home,so have hidden them all away…..i think b4 we got her some1 must of been very cruel with a stick……ahhh 😥

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.