Periods & clotting

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Does anyone else get clotting with their periods? My periods are quite heavy anyway, they always have been and they usually last around 5 days but some months, they seem worse than others.

I notice I am getting more signs of PMS, such as feeling very moody and weepy a few days before my period arrives. It feels worse than it used to.

Also, my periods are heavier and with more clots than when I was younger. Wondering, is this normal after a few pregnancies?

Anyone else feel absolutely horrid a few days before and during their periods??

munchin
    Participant

Sabbi i’m pals with a group of women about 13 of us that i meet having E2 -a few of us have hit 40 or aren’t far off it and we were only talking recently about how bad some of us our getting pms etc….my own symptoms have gotten worse in the last while & after the conversation with the others i actually did some research and PMS can get worse as we get older!!
    I’ve been told Evening Primrose – a good quality brand – 3 times a day – should be taken at regular intervals – takes a good 3 months to see a benefit though – i’m taking it a month and don’t see any improvement if anything this month has been blooming terrible.. – there is no scientific back up to the evening primrose but one of my friends is adamant it helpped her so i’ll give it a go
    Diet, Exercise, good nights sleep are all said to help too

Jedt
    Keymaster

Thanks Munchin – I’ll definitely pick some of that up. I’ve been a right moody cow all week and I really did not know why I was getting so annoyed and upset about things – more than I usually would anyways – until my flipping period arrived and explained those horrid feelings. Then I knew what was wrong with me! Its so annoying, I felt like I was going a bit mad on Monday and did not put two and two together until Wednesday when my period arrived.

Sometimes its hard to be a woman…..

Anonymous
    Inactive

I had pretty heavy clotty periods but I figured out what was causing mine……. it was the sanitary products I was using! So I would have always been a pad and tampon person but figured out that the chemicals in them produce the side effects I was having so when I switched to my moon cup it all want away!!! My periods are much lighter now with no clotting and its saving me HEAPS of money and time! I would highly recommend giving that a try! Also her is loads of research out there to back up what I’m saying! Here are the first things that popped up in a Google search:

http://sushinisen.hubpages.com/hub/HOW- … d-tamponss

http://www.ireadlabelsforyou.com/tampon … -or-toxic/

Happy researching and please comment back with any questions ect as I love to chat about these womans health things 😀

Jedt
    Keymaster

I never use tampons, cannot stand them, they are so uncomfortable and for me, I just don’t like the idea of them. I use scent free, eco friendly pads as much as I can so don’t think that’s causing clotting for me.

The heaviness seems to come and go, last month they were not too bad but the month before they were awful – hopefully won’t be too bad this month – am due next week so we’ll see!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hmmm another reason could be that some month you are having anovulatory cycles which would mean since you are not ovulating that the next time you bleed isn’t really a period its like a false period so you have a very light bleed and then your next month you might ovulate causing a heavy bleed to make up for the month before! This has happened me for a long time and I never really knew why but since using my Lady-Comp it tells you when you are having an anovulatory cycle so that’s really handy, I wouldn’t have figured it out otherwise. Maybe this could have been some help.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.