Period worries – any advice?

Home Forums National Chat Period worries – any advice?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Mags53
    Participant

could this be peri-menopausal? when your periods start to stagger in your 40’s?

or it could be stress either. i think women have been under all sorts of pressure lately and this can affect our periods and cycles

hope it settles down for you.

my period has been coming earlier the past while, so more periods than usual. yay. not.

Sabbi
    Participant

hey gals,

my menstrual cycle has been all over the place in the past few months. I have been stressed (havent we all) with the pandemic but I was wondering if that would be enough to cause my period to stop for a while?

I had a period at the end of March, same as usual, around 5 days long with some cramps etc. Nothing out of the ordinary. But I didn’t get one in April or May. Nothing happened, no period arrived at all. This has never happened to me before, sometimes my periods are lighter or heavier some months but I’ve never skipped 2 months before unless I was pregnant.

Last week, early June, I got a very very heavy period. It was awful. I had to get up 3 times during the night for the first 2 nights to change sanitary pads because it was so heavy. On day 3, I walked to the shops and home and I had put on a heavy night time sanitary pad before I left the house but when I got home, about an hour later, it had gone through the pad, my underwear and my trousers. I had to get straight into the shower. When I stepped out of the shower, I was bleeding so much that it ran down my legs before I had a chance to put underwear on and I ended up getting back into the shower to wash it off.

It kinda reminded me of when I had a miscarriage a few years ago – it was that heavy. I know there is now way I was pregnant because my hubby had a vasectomy.

anyone got any advice? I am in my early 40’s so I guess it could be something to do with being peri-menopausal but its weird how things changed so suddenly.

I guess I’ll have to see if my cycle settles down – if not, should I call my GP?

thanks gals, any advice would be helpful

Sabbi
    Participant

My periods have been a bit erratic lately – I’ve had heavy ones, light ones some shorter gaps in between and some longer gaps in between! all over the place lately and I reckon it could be because I am in my 40’s now and maybe peri-menopausal! Yikes, hate to think of being anything to do with menopause but I suppose, it gets to us all at some stage….

Katypie
    Participant

Probably peri-menopausal! Sorry but hey, its not all bad. We all have to deal with it. The joys of being a woman!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.