Peri-menopausal and losing the plot

Home Forums National Chat Peri-menopausal and losing the plot

• This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 1 week ago by Sabbi.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Sabbi
    Participant

So, my doctor has told me I am peri-menopausal and I feel really weirdly ashamed about it. I am only 45, so I guess I thought menopause was still a long way off and its thrown me off kilter.

In Feb I had 2 periods, March had none and not sure if I’ll get one in April. Its funny because as much as periods are a pain, literally at times, its kind of reassuring to know your cycle and know when a period is due. Not knowing when the next one will be is very disconcerting. I keep thinking its arrived because my boobs are very tender but no sign of it.

My Mam was in her 50’s when she started the menopause and I feel very young to be going through this already.

Though, my GP was keen to stress that I am still producing eggs when I get a period so technically, I can still get pregnant! Apparently a few women stop taking birth control because they think its safe and then, wham bam, they’re in their mid forties and pregnant. I know someone who is 46 who got pregnant and as much as I don’t want to be in the menopause, I definitely don’t want to be pregnant again!

anyone else going through this and feeling strange about it? am I gonna start getting hot flashes now and bad mood swings (though, tbh, my mood in the past few weeks has been pretty bad already!)

The joys of being a woman eh…..periods for 30 or 40 years and then a menopause that lasts somewhere between 4-12 years with all sorts of side effects like weight gain, sleeplessness, mood swings and hot flashes. I’ll be the size of a house and ready to throttle my kids within in a few months of this carry on!!!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.