Penny Bank

Home Forums Louth Chat Penny Bank

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    libby

Have people joined for next year?

You join this saving club in the Augustine Church in Drogheda, It is great you can save as much as you can afford every week from now till Christmas 2008.

The queues to Join today were out the door..

I hope everyone got to Join up…

:lol: :lol: :lol:

joey_rudd

My mil joins each year but couldn’t get in today shes in the queue tomorrow, she has limited time to stand there as she has to bring her autistic son, they should have more people helping at times like those so they can get everyone seen to quick

Taylor5

I just dont understand this system…. could you not put the money into a Halifax account and get 10% intrest, as far as I know you dont get any in the pennybank

joey_rudd

No the church gets the interest…i don’t see why i should pay the church to mind my money anyway

Taylor5

God thats mad, they might have sorted out a better deal with a local bank… what happens if they do an Arthur Fowler with the money 🙄 😆

happymumblemum
    Participant

😆 😆 yeah surely even the post office bank would be good…….

Yvonne

Can’t believe there was queues to join! I hope I can get my cards tomorrow then!

yummymummy

oh my god ive never seen anything like it, i drove by yest and the q’s were massive and that was at 3.30 , i think these people have a screw loose hahahahahaha, ill save in cu, only thing i like about the penny bank is that u cannot touch it and it comes out just at the right time for x mas

Yvonne

Ohshit, my chances are very slim then! Thats what I like about it, I can’t touch it once its gone in… I go for a few people, so if I don’t get them they won’t like it at all!

meabh

so that’s what the queues were about… passed by yesterday and was wondering

Taylor5

The q was huge yesterday.
    I see your point Yvonne, some people dont have the will power to leave the money in a normal accout. Well what ever works for ya, its better to see people do this then getting into dept at xmas…

AIB hava a very good rate of 10 % and halifax at 7% for regular savers.. dont think much of the post bank, neither do their staff 🙄

Yvonne

I queued for mine yesterday, half an hour!!!! It was crazy, but I know that if I left it to the weekend, they would have been gone… couldn’t believe the length of the queues on Monday!

libby

I HOPE I GOT MINE, ONE OF THE GIRLS FROM WORK DOES IT.

ROLL ON NEXT WEEK PAY DAY…..

Gismo

I love the penny bank I pay my mams phonebill throuigh my bank account and then she pays the penny bank for me. I can’t wait til the 22nd November..we’r in the money!!!

Yvonne

Can’t wait to get mine either Gis!!!! Heading to England with mine, happy days!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.