Parking Illegally for God

Home Forums Louth Chat Parking Illegally for God

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Starbright

I know that church on Sunday is important for many people spiritually and culturally but it doesn’t mean people are above our societal rules.

I was driving to town on Sunday and nearly crashed into another car for the fact that I had less of the road to drive on. This was because people attending the service had decided to make a parking lot out of the left hand lane, and pratically any other place they could find, thus causing all subsequent traffic to make emergency manoeuvers to avoid hitting them.

Now we cannot do this for other whimsical reasons because it is obviously dangerous and anti-social. So why isn’t the Gardai cracking down on this blatant rule breakng? Do we get a free ride if we are on God’s schedule?

Taylor5

Starbright Im so glad you posted this, my dh goes mental with the parking outside St Marys. They also park right up to the corner of Mary Street. My dh gets sooo annoyed about this he has said he was going to ring the garda station or write to complain.
    The thing that makes me laugh, this happened in Drogheda before it was bypassed and that was the main Dublin Belfast road 🙄

Yvonne

It is terrible that they are allowed to do this, but because they are at mass they seem to be getting away with it – wouldn’t they getan awful shock if they came out and every car had a ticket!

MaryK

I understand what you are saying, but really there is no where else to park. Most people arrive at the same time, which is usually the last minute. I think we should do something about it…but I don’t know what?? Maybe some members could walk there.

Taylor5

There is plenty of parking up the Dublin Raod, I park at the railway pub and walk down, I know if you are old thats not a nice walk, but I watch a few cars park one morning and none of them were over 50 and the elderly were walking down after parking on Mary street.
    I did hear there was to be a carpark made somewhere near the hospital but dont know if that true or not

Jenny!!!

hi all, am not saying its ok to park there but i know there were 96 boys making their confirmation last sunday and you can imagine there was definately no parking around, my dd is making her communion up there this sunday, i am always late for everything and if i cant get parking in scotch hall i will be on that road ifi can get it. 😳 sorry.

Taylor5

Jenny Sunday just gone was no worse than anyother Suday its like that all the time, but good luck on Sunday.

munchin
    Participant

i’m not sure of name of churches but I take it this is the church opposite Scotch Hall??
    Well girls i have to say i was gobsmacked last sunday to see a couple pull of the curb straight into traffic……. with a baby sitting unrestrained on the woman’s lap in the front sit – i really couldn’t believe it – i haven’t seen an unrestrained child in a car in a long time never mind a baby in the front seat 👿 👿

Dinomum

The parking situation there is mental !! There is good sized car park just up the hill from that church, I know its a bit of a hassle getting up and down, as the hill is steep, but it really is only 2 minutes away and it would be much easier to get out of once mass is finished….

MaryK

Do you think the church will take action on this? It would be great if they made an annoucement about it.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.