Parking at Train Station

Home Forums Louth Chat Parking at Train Station

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    sadmum

I know I know, we’ve known about this a few weeks now but seeing the machines going in and the signs up really reignited my anger. I can’t believe I have to pay €2 a day extra to go to work now, it doesn’t sound much but its my hard earned cash and i already pay a fortune for the privilege of using the overcrowded trains.

:evil: :evil: :evil:

Anybody else cross about it?

Dinomum

Absolutely….I drove up the other morning a little later than normal and I was maddened to see that at least 2 of the new parking machines are located in perfectly good parking spaces…I ended up missing my train cos I had to go and park in wheaton hall car park cos the car park was full !! 👿 Whats worse, the schools are not even fully back yet, so it will get worse. I bet the revenue from these newparking charges wont be ploughed into improving the parking facilites for commuters….

Taylor5

Is the money being used to build a new highrise carpark? Or is that Gormastown taht Im thinking about

sadmum

there was talk about that some time ago but i don’t think so now. There are loads of parking spaces at Gormanstown anyway, i doubt they need any more. I think most of the money is going to the company that will monitor the parking so i doubt there will be a huge amount more to re-invest.

Best just grin and bear it i suppose 👿

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.