Parental leave

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

If parental leave has been agreed at one day off a week can it be stopped or changed? I started this arrangement in April.

I have a meeting with my boss next week & i am guessing they are going to say that we are too busy for me to have parental leave /it doesnt suit business needs – can they do that?

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’d advise you to check out the citizens advice centre either go & talk to them or check it out on line as I’m sure they will be able to help you out & it would be good for you to go into the meeting prepared with printed information on the subject.Good luck with your meeting.

Jedt
    Keymaster

They cannot force you not to take it if you have an agreement in place but they may well ask you not to continue with it and if you are not keen on that idea, they may try to pressurize you into it by saying you are really busy. Did you agree in writing (email counts) – if so, get that out and have it at the ready.

I would advise trying to keep things as amicable as possible though, you do not want to get into a difficult or stressful situation with them.

Check the maternity act site for more details or talk to some one in HR quietly about it, in confidence, before your meeting if you can. They can advise you.

Hope some of that helps. Best of luck.

lellykelly

Mary

Check out http://www.equality.ie/Files/Guide-to-t … 8-2006.pdf for all your rights especially section seven but basically once you have both signed the confirmation agreement they cannot revoke your leave

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.