Parent and Toddler Swimming Group Anyone been recently?

Home Forums National Chat Parent and Toddler Swimming Group Anyone been recently?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Ms. Michael

Hi all, has anyone been at the Parent and Toddler Swimming group recently in Leisure Centre Marleys Lane. I used to go all the time and it was basically play time with the parents, then they threw in some toys for the kids and after that we all sang nursery rhymes and played little games (humpty dumpty into the water). It was great. I went last week and i thought i had gone to the wrong class, i thought it was a swimming class. The instructor got into the water with us and grabbed my son (23 mths) and started swimming him around back and forward.There were no songs, no games etc. I had to leave cos everytime she came close B started crying as she took him off me.I rang to ask the manager but no-one got back to me. :(

Taylor5

Thats not good at all, I wouldnt be happy if that happened to me. How could a baby trust a stranger in the water.
    I went before and there were songs, little toys and it was all very relaxed, the instructor gave me a great tip on how to hold ds but she wasnt in my face or ds’s….. is it a new instructor

libby

Hi

I am sorry i couldn’t agree with the first comment.

I am up there every Monday, i see the effort and enthusaime that is put in by the instructor, the kids love her , she has new games and activities each week.

Her skittles were excellent this week, was your child just having a bad day…

What do others think??

Ms. Michael

Hi there Libby

It was a Wednesday i went, because i noticed that the other day was Swimming Lessons for Toddlers so i didn’t want to go to that class. I know they use different members of their staff for classes so i couldn’t say whether we had the same teacher. Its a pity because i’m reluctant to go now. Did she play games with all the kids when you went because our instructor walked to each child individually and twirled them around. The only toys were balls and fish like sticky things.No singing, no games nothing else.

libby

Hi

She played lovely games and had the kids singing, there was tears when the kids got out of the water..

It has been the same teacher for the last 6/7 weeks

She has loads of things for the children you should try on a Monday..

Good Luck

Ms. Michael

Now i’m more certain that we had a different teacher. I’ll be there on a Monday from now on. Thanks Libby. You know now i’m thinking that maybe the instructor thought that SHE was at the Toddlers Swimming Lessons ha ha.

libby

I’m glad you decided on that

meabh

what time is this on at on mondays?

Ms. Michael

Meabh i just checked the timetable and from the timetable on the webiste and the one i have in the kitchen it says that the Monday one is the Swimming Classes for Under 4s.
    Parent and Toddler Class is Wed and Fri 11am. Now as you probably read Libby goes on a Monday and says its great, songs, games etc, but when i went on a Wed i think i was at the swimming classes. I think i’ll ring the centre and see if they have it mixed up. I’m all confused now. Another good time to go is the public hour in the morning because it’s empty and you get the pool to yourself and your child. Public hours is 1pm till 2.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.