Parent & Toddler Groups

Home Forums Louth Chat Parent & Toddler Groups

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    louise789

Hi ladies,

I wanted to get along to a couple of toddler groups with DS as he’s 19 months and I’m expecting no 2 in November and need some help wearing off some of his energy at this stage! :wink:

Anyway, we’re in Collon and I see there’s a group listed but only with the name of the lady in charge. Anyone idea when/where this group is on and/or their contact number? Also, I think I read somewhere over the summer that they were starting a group in Tullyallen – anyone have any details on that one too?

Would be grateful if anyone can help! :)

Thanks. xx

Corinne9

Hi! am wondering, are you willing to go as far as Drogheda? if so there are several parent/toddler/baby groups there, both weekly and monthly. You may like to check out a monthly coffee morning that happens the first Tuesday of every month in the Laurence Centre from 10am – 12nn (where they also offer 4 hours free parking to parents who attend). I think they may have a similar one at the same time in the Scotch Hall but don’t know much about that one. Anyway, good luck!!!!

hjs

Can’t wait for it -my 2-yr-old-but-looks-like-4-yr-old gonna get run ragged hopefully!

Big Sister did u get anywhere withinfo on LadyBirds in the end?

Anonymous
    Inactive

del

louise789

Thanks for the responses ladies. Hopefully we’ll make it along on thursday for the first session! 🙂

Would also still like to know about the Collon group if anyone knows any details…

maisy

Hi Louise789

I go to the toddler group in Collon – it’s on Tuesdays from 10 to 12 in the parochial hall. Admission is 2 euros per family and tea/coffee and biscuits are provided. I have been going for past 2 years and have found it great for my 2 boys aged 3 and 18 months. It is also good to meet other mammies.

Hope to see you there soon

Maisy

louise789

Aw thanks Maisy, really appreciate the response! Can I ask – whereabouts is the parochial hall? Is it the building on the N2 along from the post office? With the recycling banks in the car park?

Won’t be able to make it this week as have an appt in the morning but will do my best next week!

Looking forward to meeting you soon. Thanks again, Louise. x

maisy

Hi Louise
    Yeah, it is the one on the N2 with the bottle banks.
    There was a good crowd this morning so I am sure your little one will enjoy it
    Looking forward to meeting you next week

Jedt
    Keymaster

Hi Louise,

The Bagel Bar one in Laurence Centre on 6th October is great one to go to. There is a play mat for the kids, toys, free nibbles, 4 hours free parking and a theme each month. Next month its baby massage with free samples of baby oil….

There are some other pregnant mums at the moment so hopefully some of them will be there on the day too….

Take care

louise789

Hi Louise,

The Bagel Bar one in Laurence Centre on 6th October is great one to go to. There is a play mat for the kids, toys, free nibbles, 4 hours free parking and a theme each month. Next month its baby massage with free samples of baby oil….

There are some other pregnant mums at the moment so hopefully some of them will be there on the day too….

Take care

I went to the first few months when these first started and DS was small, but once he started walking earlier this year held off as he kept heading for the doors and just tired me out instead of letting us both have fun! Might try again on the 6th though as he might be more interested in the toys/other children now! Either that or in Dec/Jan with the new bubba and leave DS at home with hubby if he’s off!! Thanks!! x

louise789

Hi Louise
    Yeah, it is the one on the N2 with the bottle banks.
    There was a good crowd this morning so I am sure your little one will enjoy it
    Looking forward to meeting you next week

Thanks Maisy, hopefully see you there! x

ciarac

wish i could go to some of these mornings and meet people for myself and also for my ds#1. But I am in dundalk and have to collect my dd from preschool at 12.20pm and have to feed my 6month old before we collect her and he is SHOUTING for his lunch so its all a mad panic here. My poor ds would love some company though, as would I as even though i am living here years, I am the blow-in and everyone sticks to the locals and their families… 😥 😥 so its just me and the kids all day everyday……. 🙁
    went to a playgroup locally a good few times with my dd but had to leave as was TOLD to sit in the babycorner as she wasn’t walking, and since there were no more babies,i just had to sit there like a big plonker and talk to my dd… she wasn’t allowed out of jail either!!! 😀

hjs

That is a disgrace how u were treated at theat playgroup, i am outraged.

U no, the tullyallen one would only be 20 mins from Dundalk – u could be there 4 half 10, leave at 1130 even bring food and feed little-un there. Everyone very welcoming – u would get no locals sticking together rubbish there.

I am a blow in myself – only here ne 3 yrs from UK. Last week there i met 2 other uk blow ins, both returning to playgroup tomorrow so u wouldn’t b on ur own.

PM me ur details if u wanna chat about it and we can arrange to meet there or something if it’d make u feel easier.

scole1

that’s awful ciarac…would love to give them a piece of my mind, the whole thing with groups is to get to know people and also kids to interact not to be told sit in thecorner like a bold school girl…

hope you go to the playgroup hjs suggests….or even set up your own…

ciarac

thanks girls, yes, i used come back so upset after going… i had PND with my dd and went down to try and get out of the house and feel better, but just came back worse! my dh was raging, he was home one day that i came home, was ready to march down and give out!

thanks hjs, will pm you later on if thats ok.

thanks

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.