Parent & Baby Swim Every Friday 10am Bettystown Court Ho

Home Forums Meath Chat Parent & Baby Swim Every Friday 10am Bettystown Court Ho

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    Jedt
    Keymaster

Hi all,

I’m planning to go to the Mumstown parent & baby swim this Friday in Bettystown Court Hotel and was wondering if anyone else is planning to come?

Its only 5 euro and they are doing a special price on tea/coffees scones etc afterwards too.

I’m looking forward to spending some time with my 2 year old, she is number 3 and sometimes I feel she does not get as much attention as my other two did when they were babies and toddlers.

Anyway, just wondering who else is going…..

Fabienne

I’m working on fridays, but I’ll spread the word around.

hjs

not promising, have mum and dad over, but would like to.

Is it every Fri?

Great photo for "What’s the Story?" in DP btw!

Fabienne

I was the toddler swim? Busy?

I’m at work fridays, and my son is 4 maybe too old for the baby swim?

Fabienne

chewieodie
    Participant

I was really keen to go… but DD has a bit of a runny nose, and DS has the whole cough / cold thing…. so didn’t think it wise….

😥

Jedt
    Keymaster

Hi all,

The parent & toddler swim went great. I brought my 2 year old and she loved it. We had a whole section of the pool for the babies & toddlers and they gave us some toys for them to play with too.

The water was lovely and warm and we stayed in for about 35 mins. Then we took showers and got dressed. There is a travel cot in the changing room to pop babies into while mums got dressed.

The swim costs 5 euro (for a parent & child) and is payable each week you attend, to the guys in the Leisure Club. Michael and Mathew are kindly looking after us in there.

Afterwards we headed into the coffee dock in the lobby for freshly baked warm scones with tea or coffee and juice for the kids, for 2.95 euro a head.

It was lovely munching warm scones with jam and cream after the swim. Warmed us all up! They also brought out toys for the kiddies.

We will be having the swims every week at 10am in the hotel and all Mumstown parents are welcome. Small children are most welcome too.

Hope to see some of you there this Friday, 18th Sept. 10am

munchin
    Participant

oh deadly i’d love to make this is 3.5month too young? I had dd in the pool from the time she was 3 months but haven’t taken dd2 yet – as long as the pool has no rules on min age i’d love to make it – possibly not tomorrow but think i should be able to make next week. (if i’m not working tomorrow i’ll be there :wink: )

munchin
    Participant

i am working tomorrow but will hopefully make it next friday (as long as dd isn’t too young)

Jedt
    Keymaster

Munchin – that should be fine, I don’t see any problem with a 3.5 month old. There’s a travel cot in the ladies changing room for her while you’re getting dressed afterwards too and the water in the pool is lovely and warm, so would be ok for her.

Hope to see you next week,

Who is coming tomorrow? Hope we get another good gang like last week!

munchin
    Participant

brilliant sabbi – looking forward to it

scole1

munchin just to say i asked the gp and phnabout swimming they said once baby has 2nd lot of vaccines then ok to swim….so will be taking ds when he’s 4 months that’s his second lot then he’s got a good build up…hth, not swimming but going for the coffee and scones….lol

munchin
    Participant

hi scole thanks for info – i looked into it big time when dd1 was a baby and was told there is no hard and fast rule – some say after 1st injections, some say after all 3, some pools have rules on it some don’t.
    unless things have changed i’ll probably go ahead next week – dying to take her swimming

scole1

me too R loves the bath so wonder would he like the pool….sure we’ll see…

went today for the coffee and scones and chat afterwards…had a nice time…..looking forward to the swimming…..great to see this is on every fri….

Jedt
    Keymaster

Hi all,

Don’t forget the parent & baby swim is on this morning….

See some of you there at 10am hopefully…

Just going to dig out baby & my swim stuff now!!

munchin
    Participant

you know i even dug out dd1’s baby swimsuit for dd2 earlier in the week (involved a trip into attic and all) and i completely forgot this morning – raging – can’t make it next week but as i said in louth thread putting a reminder in my phone for week after! Hope to be there

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.