Pancake Monday

Home Forums Louth Chat Pancake Monday

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    happymumblemum
    Participant

I will be busy trying to drown out Bieber Fever screams with ear plugs tommorow so we having an early pancake day here..

Is 5 pancakes each excessive?? :lol:

My kitchen is covered in flour..now tell me why I didn’t buy the shake and make bottle :lol: :lol:

I love pancakes so does dd, if she ate her dinners with such gusto she would be 20 stone :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jedt
    Keymaster

we make our own from scratch too…yum, yum, yum! My hubby makes the pancakes around here, hes brilliant at it, mine always come out thick and not very edible so we leave it to him. Got the fresh lemons and maple syrup today….all I have to do is nudge him into making loads tomorrow! 😀

munchin
    Participant

dh makes our’s too sabbi – himself and the girls will be waiting for me to get home with the mix made and waiting – then the fun will begin – gosh i’m a big kid really!!!!!!! 😆

Anne

We make pancakes at least 3 times a week here, my dd and ds make them now themselves, they just love them…….

For the ultimate treat, get the tin of Caramel in the condensed milk range or the M&S toffee and 1 or 2 bananas and cream. Whip cream, when cooked put your pancake on plate, very liberally spread the Caramel, slice some banana on top and then a dolp of Cream…….. you could layer them mmmmmmmmmm 😀 ………Banofee Pancakes

Or try spreading Nutella on pancake and then sprinkle some roasted almonds, with cream again if you like……….. 😀

Meant to add, my favourite is Lemon Curd spread on top of my pancake……..sometimes with cream, but i prefer it on its own……. 😀

Jedt
    Keymaster

Oh my Anne – that sounds absolutely divine!!!! 😀

happymumblemum
    Participant

woo woooooooooooooooooo

Sounds really yummy but I am a really plain lemon juice gal 😉

hjs

Every Tuesday is pancake tuesday in this house, literally, It is dd’s idea so we don’t "miss" pancake day.

Ususallly I use the Yorkshire batter mix left over from the Sunday roast, always is better batter after being left a while.

lemon juice and sugar only here too, though did have with nutella, bananas and ice cream one mad tues and was delish

Taylor5

Im a lemon and sugar girl… but nutella, chopped banana and a spoon of icecream is on the menu tomorrow, need my treats before lent starts 😆 😆 😆

My mam had students last week so she did pancakes, the next night they came in and asked could they have more, they even asked for some in their lunchboxes 😆 😆 😆

i asked dh what did he want for dinner, was thinking something light… he said just pancakes 🙄 🙄 🙄 Dont know who is worse him or the kids!!!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.