Paddy’s Days parades

Home Forums National Chat Paddy’s Days parades

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    scole1

So where is good for padded day parade don’t get Drogheda leader delivered anymore so dunno about Drogheda parade
    Anyone know of a decent parade to venture to?

Taylor5

yeah the Dublin one!! 😆 😆 😆

Fabienne

I heard that the parade in words in nice.
    Where to go in Swords to see it, and where to park?

Fabienne

happymumblemum
    Participant

We are going to Dublin, dh said he swore last year he would never watch bin lorries pass by with green balloons ever again in Drogheda.

Went to Slane one year and it was ok to be fair at least you don’t expect too much

Taylor5

HMM we swore the same last year but ds1 has to walk in it this year, so we have to watch the bin trucks, i will record the Dublin one

libby1
    Participant

Drogheda Parade leave North road for 12noon…
    Wogans at the bottom of shop street is a good spot

In the Barbican Centre after the parade there is a great big Culture Party sponsored by Coca Cola – face painting and Irish dancing €5 per family..

Taylor5

Thats very good only 5e per family..

We will be in that area for the parade, the Scouts will be the first group in the parade so we have to be close to the finish for picking ds1 up… uniform pressed and ready to go, im more excited then him 😳

Taylor5

Parade better this year than other years, i really enjoyed it… I dont know if it was the music being played from the van selling the Ducks outside next, but there seemed to be a much better buzz from the parade.
    The band from Antrim were brilliant, they are really in a different class to our marching bands.

Even though we did enjoy the parade, it didnt go to plan…. as we were leaving ds1 over to the Lourdes church dh did his back in, i had to speed home dump him off and head back into town with ds2, we got a good spot on the quays, the Scouts were first in the parade behind the band so we collected ds1 and watched the parade together. I wasnt doing lunch alone, so we went home to feed daddy and had lunch watching the Wales match!
    Not the day we had planned but a good one all the same, very proud of my ds in the parade, he did very well for a little boy who cried that he didnt want to walk in the parade this morning.
    Scole ds told me he seen you when we were walking back up the Quays

scole1

yeah i saw him gave him a big wave as he seemed thrilled he was walking in the parade…

and libby gave you a big holler and a wave…..

i thought the building crowds float was very good….

think though dublin next year

libby1
    Participant

Thanks Scole..

Really enjoyed the parade –maybe Mumstown should enter it next year..
    I thought it was great to see all the community groups taking part
    I would prefer to support the local community

We went for lunch to Artisan in Stockwell street,they are so friendly and food is all home made..

Taylor i seen you and your sons in the distance.
    My dd was delighted to be in the parade -she ie in the Brownies and my ds is in Scouts..

Overall i thought there was a great Buzz in Drogheda – Community Spirt..

trixiebell
    Participant

really enjoyed the drogheda parade too this year,,cit was very good, and my ds was in the scouts too, so proud of him 🙂

there was a great atmosphere around, and the weather was great for it too 🙂

Taylor5

Ah Trixiebell i didnt see him, is he St Olivers?

I thought the irish dancers were sooo cute, the really tiny ones were so cute!

Wogans the builders suppliers were very good, the 3 pigs and the wolf on skates…. business is must be good two beautiful trucks one was 12 and the other either a 10 or 11. I buy all my wood supplies from them, they are on the ballymakenny road, very cheap place to buy stuff
    The American football team had great energy about them, the DAR went down a treat as usual… i really enjoy the parade.

I was looking for a Brownie i was saying to the boys "where is K?" then all i heard was her voice going "here i am" Very funny!!

Libby i was in a bit of a panic, as i had the two boys on my own, dh hurt his back and i had to drop him home after dropped ds to the lourdes church. I had a great spot (there from 11.40) for watching the parade but i had to collect ds when the scouts got in and them my spot was gone so mid parade we had to hunt down another spot!! 🙄 🙄 🙄

happymumblemum
    Participant

We went to Dublin and it was fantastic, dd was let right to the front by the few families that were already in front of us in the spot we chose…they were so kind and it was a lovely atmosphere..

We ate green ice cream with shamrock sprinkles whilst waiting, it was yummy!!

The effort put in to the parade was amazing , it truly was very very good. Weather stayed mainly bright and sunny with only a small shower before it started.

We had tea and hot chocolate and Guinness in the Merrion Hotel afterwards before going to the funfair…

A lovely dinner then followed at relatives..home at midnight so a fab day!!

DD wasn’t even upset she didn’t get to march with her brownies.

MaryE

I didnt get too see much of the Drogheda Parade as was at the back with dd in Buggy, it will be great when she doenst need it anymore, it was a little stressfull as we were in peoples way but sure what can you do, but ds & dh thought the parade was brilliant. They really seemed to make a big effort this year & i agree with others, there was a great atmosphere. My ds wanted to be in it, he kept asking me "How do you get in it"?, im sure that he will have his day sometime.

My parents went to the Dublin one, they said that they didnt enjoy it as too many people & they couldnt get close enough too see anything.

Libby, that is a good idea about mumstown being in it next year.

Taylor5

HMM i was on a website the other day and i found a picture of your J and D with the sexy Jamie Heslip, looks like arrivals at Dublin Airport!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.