Our moment of fame…

Home Forums National Chat Our moment of fame…

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

My lads & I appeared on The Consumer Show on rte 1 last night (for about a minute and a half) during a worthwhile item on the dangers liqitabs pose to young children. The camera crew arrived as I tumbled out of bed after a nap (2 weeks before baby arrived), I had no make-up on and forgot to brush my hair. I even had slippers on. If anyone wants to feel superior (or have a good laugh) I think it should be on the rte website…

Financial Companion
    Participant

Well done Pookie! Not a bother on you and that’s looking after the children at the same time! 😯 😆

felicity

fair play to you. hope all is going well with the boys. must have a look on the iplayer now.

pookie2

Hope the item helps spare some parent a shock. Those things are a lot more dangerous than I realised. I got an awful fright when I saw how quickly a small amount can cause damage to a small child…

munchin
    Participant

you looked great missus! Yes it’s quiet shocking alright how quickly the damage can occur – we don’t buy the liquid ones but dd2 stilll managed to get hold of dishwasher tablet and attempt to eat it thinking it was a sweet thankfully we caught her in time. My niece also managed to get a Karvol capsole and ate it thinking it was a jelly then told her mam it was yuck the poor child was burping and blowing karvol for a day or two! These incidents all happen so quickly no matter what the substance!

Anonymous
    Inactive

just got around to watching your tv appearance.you came across really well.Also your kids look like they have the coolest playroom ever.Am so glad that your son had no lasting damage from his accident.

pookie2

Thanks Hailey’s mum! We converted the garage – four boys (and my sanity!) demanded it. It is great to have the space, but the lino makes it. The husband found it by accident in a place here in Dundalk…

Yeah, amazing what kids will eat! While visiting his Granny’s, one of mine was caught sitting in front of the fridge with a pound of butter in one hand and a pound of raw sausages in the other. Yeuck….. (All sausages were still intact thank God!)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.