Our Generation Doll and talking Buzz and Woody

Home Forums National Chat Our Generation Doll and talking Buzz and Woody

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    hjs

Long story, be patient…!

Earlier this year, a friend and work colleague of my dh suddenly found himself in a lot of hot water at work. It was v nasty for him, ganged up on, bullied and will not say anymore other than dh really stuck his neck and arse on the line to support him when this guy effectively sacked on spot for no reason after best part 20 yrs with co. I then subsequently got involved in offering moral and emotional support to this blokes missus, we helped them thru some tough times. To be fair, we would have done the same for anyone, but this couple think we went over and above, have said that when the chips are down, u really find out who ur friends are…

Thankfully, they are on the up again, he is back working, she has her old dh back and they r falling over themselves to thank us for our support – we don’t need it, were just happy to help.

So…by way of a big thank you, knowing we wouldn’t take anything ourselves, they have gone to town buying our dd and ds ridiculously expensive presents for Xmas.They left them with us when they visited recently. trouble is, the gifts r TOTALLY and UTTERLY inappropriate for the kids. They have bought dd this, cos she likes horses (see link for example, it is this exact thing)…

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/OUR-GENERATION-DE … 33ff7a56e4

on the box it says for 3+, she is near 7 and wouldn’t be seen dead with a dolly.

they have bought ds a talking Buzz and Woody set from TS3, when ALL and ONLY what he likes are planes or TTTE, link below…

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Disney-Toy-Stor … B0044MTCEK

So basically, both r utterly useless to my 2.

I don’t want to give them to the kids at Xmas as they will be utterly unappreciated.

I will ensure that dd and ds thank this couple "for the kind gift", but what to do with???

I know I could give them to a charidee, but i feel I am cheating my kids out of something valuable, and they’re kind of not mine to give, iykwim…

Suggestions appreciated…

rossylisa

would you sell them and then buy the kids something they like ❓

hjs

Tbh that did go thru my head but then I thought is that really bad/ungrrateful/mercenary?

rossylisa

or if theyy bought them here would you not go and change them.. tell them they got 2 of them…

I have brought things back and changed them for other things plenty of times

scole1

or if you didn’t sell them would you talk to them about giving to those less fortunate and involve them in the giving away..
    they learn the power of giving and understanding
    just an idea (but don’t tell them who gave them to them incase they tell them and the couple get a bit put out iykwim)

or recycle them for birthday gifts etc or if the school are doing a sale and looking for a raffle prize as the money then going back to the school benefitting them in the long run

hjs

Well ds wouldn’t have a clue re that but dd might, but I feel harsh that I would be giving her a choice that wasn’t really a choice as there’s no way either of them are having them but it’s v hard to give a 6yo something with one hand but then effectively take it away with the other. They r so expensive tho.

Do like the raffle idea, but still feel i ought not to be giving their stuff away – oh decisions decisons.

Just tried to find the stuff in smyths online, no joy…

CanI be bothered with hassle of ebay which i tend to feel is the fairest thing to them ie they got some quids out of it at least??? Suppose maybe I should? But the doll horse thing is enormous, box must be a foot tall!!!

scole1

well how much you selling for i’m sure someone here might buy off you x-mas pressie sorted and a few quid for your kids to get what they wanted to

hjs

Do u no wot?

They so expensive, but I think the fairest thing to the kids and to be charitable WOULD be to sell them half price, good suggestion Scole. That way I can square my conscience and have something of value to kids, not have them have something utterly inapt for them to open at xmas and someone gets a nice bargain into the equation.

U can tell that this pair have 20-something kids, not young ones!!! Bless em,they have tried to be really generous but in fact have just given me a big headache!!!!

Taylor5

Havent a clue what you should or shouldnt do… but the gifts are really really lovely

How do you know your kids wouldnt play with them, my ds1 and 2 have woody and buzz and jessy and they run about together playing with them, would you not show the kids the link for the toys and see what they think, without them seeing the gift iykwim
    i played with my dolly until i was 12 😆 😆 😆 😆

hjs

Taylor, think on ur description of how Buzz and Woody are played with, then think on what u no of my ds and then u have answered that question urself.

As for doll, it like a big thing, not a sindy or barbie size and dd has NEVER played with those type even tho she had a few when younger. It just too young for her now.

Taylor5

Oh yeah… forgot about that 😳 No not what you want 😆 😆 😆

scole1

mail just in from smyths check this out

http://www.toys.ie/features/toyscrappage/128940.aspx

MaryE

Hard to know what to do alright.

Well if you decide to sell the toystory buzz & woody for half prize, i will buy it from you. I presume its the same one as on page 1636 in Argos?

I know my ds would love them & was thinking of getting it for him from S but just couldnt justify paying the full price.

please Pm me if you interested.

hjs

PM’d u MaryE 😀

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.