OT 2013!

Home Forums Operation Transformation OT 2013!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

It’s back again, a new set of leaders for a new year and it all kicks off on RTE, Tuesday night 8th Jan at 8.30pm.

Since the Mumstown team of parents took part in the show in 2010, we like to follow the show each year and get involved in the recipes and the walks & exercises they recommend on the show. It was great to be part of and is nice to follow it at the start of each year again. http://www.rte.ie/ot/

Must say well done again to Bagel Bar, who were one of the first cafes to sign up for the Operation Transformation ‘Count me in’ campaign and have all the calories for each menu listed clearly on their menu board. They have a great range of low fat foods and drinks to choose from. Including bagels, wraps, soups, smoothies and low fat coffees too.

See more about their menu here: http://www.mumstown.ie/uploads/Bagel_Bar/MenuTray.pdf

beams

have it on our tv viewing list for tonight – 😆 I follow it too since ye did the show in 2010 – even took part in the pole dancing classes which were great crack altogether 😳 have started my exercise regime yesterday when kids went back to school – my aim is to run 3 km 5 mornings a week – that takes me 20 mins in oldbridge on my way home from the school run – am home and in the shower for 10 am 😀 I feel great so much more energised when i exercise and my head is in a much better place too – highly recommend it and if anyone wants to join me anytime please do 😀

Jedt

beams I am going to skinny jeans class tonight at 7pm in Labfitness if you fancy joining me. Its a great workout for your legs, bum, tum.

beams

Thanks sabbi – god knows i need it but i prefer the fresh air of a run – seems to suit me better – enjoy though 😉

lellykelly

I only half watched this last night but I think its great that one of the leaders selected is not hugely overweight with stones to lose. It was the blonde woman on her own with two children, i think her name was yvonne but i could be wrong. I think she represents a lot of people in that she has a bit to lose and recognises that if she doesn’t do.something about it now she’s in danger of it becoming a much greater problem. I will be interested to see the changes she makes to her life, I think it will be easier for me anyway to relate to her than to some of the other leaders.

Jedt

I liked the mum of two, she represents a lot of women too who have had babies and are left with the overhang tummy!! wonder what exercises she will do to sort out the post c-section tummy.

great choice of leaders this year, a good mix and its good the one runs their own business, one is on shift work, one is seperated and another a single mother. they have a broad range of those watching the show covered.

not sure about the youngest leader, if Eva made her crack at this stage with a few home truthes, she might struggle!

looks set to be a good season.

beams

Yes Monica is that ladies name – im following her too 😆

Taylor5

I enjoyed the shows, not too happy that it on twice a week this year, the one hour show once a week was much better.

I felt really sorry for the guy working shift work (I did nights/shift work for 13 years) and it really does take its toll on your diet. The fact his marriage broke up from the stress of how he was feeling and his attutide to life is very very sad. I really hope they give himself and his wife some help, they still look like they love each other…. both nights very emotional.

The young girl really needed a kick up the ass, i think she is still eating on the sly, she did it as a kid. But as Eva said "cop on your not a child anymore"
    I piled on the height over the xmas!! Im soo annoyed but hey i enjoyed myself. I was to hit the gym this week but my ds never got to return to school as he hasnt been well, he looks okay today so back to school on Monday….. they have been very long xmas holidays forhim 🙄 I cant wait to get to the gym on Monday Morning

Jedt

Yep, I prefered the one hour show as well and think that young girl could be trouble – crying already after one giving out to! The fact she said put on 8lbs since she last weighed herself is quite alarming – she must have been eating like a mad thing before the show started, so not sure if she has right frame of mind for it?

I ate loads over Christmas and had a fabulous time, enjoyed the time off and pajama days but I got to Labfitness twice over Christmas so was not too bad when I back last week. I was not too stiff!!

Going in the morning to Metabolic effect at 10am, supposed to be a great fat burner so that should help shift some of the milk tray and ferrero rochers I milled through!!

anyone doing the op trans walks this weekend?we are doing the one in Newbridge house, its only around 3-3.5km so perfect for little ones too. I am bringing my 5, 7 and 9 year olds to it. They are on all over the country, check out the OT site for details.

munchin
    Participant

morning – i had hoped to do one of the walks – the drogheda one is Aura Leisure on Sat @11……..i’ll actually be in Aura at 11 but both girls will be in the pool – they’re not finished until 11.20 so will have to give it a miss BUT we’ll go for a walk ourselves after lunch me thinks 😉

Jedt

They all did great for the first week – they all lost a good lot. I really like the exercise Karl did with the mums of 2 for her post c-section belly. I’ll be giving those a try on my own stubborn tum!

Have any of you tried the recipes yet?

mammycool
    Participant

Missed this week but hope to watch next week. For anyone who does not fancy the recipes, there is a new cookbook ‘The Hairy Dieters". It has 20% of in Easons at the moment so is under 15euro. Anyhow, this is by the guys who do the Hairy Bikers cooking program – they are very fond of their food and wanted to loose weight but still enjoy their food. Some great recipes – I based my shopping list this week between this cookbook and the OT recipes.

Donomum3

oh i have to recommend that hairy dieters book too. they have a section called "fake aways"! the sweet and sour chicken and the jalfreezi yum yum. following the mum of two on o.t. also. i didnt have csections but belly big problem area. liked the pilates type exercises they were doing.

Jedt

So sad seeing that young lad from Tallaght on the show this week, he is only 12 years old and weighs over 20 stone. That is just awful, my heart was breaking for him and I wanted to get his mother and shake her. Surely she must buy all the crisps, coke and fatty foods that he has been eating?

She has to take some responsibility for this. Though, at least now she is doing something about it. I really hope they can get on proper diets and start exercising and that he can turn his life around. The poor lad is in terrible shape health wise.

Great to see how well the leaders did this week – pity the weather is so awful today and due to be bad tomorrow too, think that will affect the chances of people doing the Op Trans walks.

If its still baltic & raining/snowing tomorrow, I’ll get a Davina DVD out and so it at home – those DVD’s are very hard, she really gets you to work up a brilliant sweat. Defo recommend the Davina ones for anyone working out at home.

munchin
    Participant

The op trans walk that went from drogheda looked really good – was raging i couldn’t join in – i was in Aura watching but the girls were in the pool until 11.20 – they got a decent crowd.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.