OT 2012

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 51 total)
  • Author
    Taylor5

I have been very good this week, not many treats in the house to tempt me, Dh has given up smoking (he is 3 weeks today and going strong) He has started a keep fit buzz at the moment so thats really helping me

Im eating loads of fruit, i find melons and grapes a real help.. if i find i want something to nibble on for a sugar rush, i will grab grapes from the fridge, i have mellon chopped up in a tub, its really helping to stop me eating crap.

I use the myot app on my phone, its great, i have done 4 5k walk/jogs this week, its all paid off as im down 2Ibs this week, im getting back on track, i have done any yoga this week…. might get a session in tomorrow or over the weekend

munchin
    Participant

i love the myfitnesspal Fabienne – don’t know if you have a smart phone but there’s a bar code scanner as part of the ap and you scan the food in and it tells you calories etc….. i’m still getting used to it. I spent a week writing down my food and getting into habit of writing it all down and now have started to use the app. It all takes time but i suppose have to put the effort in to reapsome rewards.
    I’m 1lb down my first week – to be honest i still ate alot of crap this week but i’m happy that i’m down something 😉
    Taylor alot of the crap is gone in ours, we didn’t buy much but got loads of sweets and goodies as gifts , girls goodies are in bags and believe me DD1 know’s exactly what’s in her bag so no chancing of pinching anything 😆 😆 I’m grand during the day but then i go undoing all the good work by raiding the fridge late at night which is such a no no!!!!!!!!

chewieodie
    Participant

I’m like you Fabs…. I can’t get my head around the measurements either! Us foreigners!!!! 😆 😆 😆

So, last week I downloaded an app on my phone, and I’m using it to track what I eat daily too…. basically following the weightwatchers method of propoints…

WWDiary

Been a good week for me, got the exercise in, and haven’t strayed from my points… and I need to weigh in tomorrow morning, but I did a sneaky one this morning and I am definitely down 2kg… 😀 (roughly 4 1/2 pounds)…. so, I’ll see "officially" tomorrow!

munchin
    Participant

we posted at same time chewieodie – well done on your loss this week! great work!

chewieodie
    Participant

tx munchin x you too 😉

Fabienne

Munchin, I have a new phone, don’t even know if it’s a smart phone. It’s wifi but don’t know how to use it. It’s not touch screen.
    And if I tell all it did this week with my phone, you’ll laugh so much that will keep you entertain for a week or so. I’m so so bad.
    I’ve got it for over a week, and still even for basic calls and text I’m useless…. Wed, got a text from my school to confirm my working day this week(it’s only 2 hours/week teaching french to 5th and 6th classes (thank god I’m better at teaching than using my phone). I did press reply so I thought, I sent the answer I typed for so long to MYSELF. So had to retype it all for the school ….
    Time well spent. 😆 😆
    Each time I get a text, when I try to read it, I end up on a note I have from my previous phone with the postal adress of my friend that moved in Wales. Maybe my phone is sending me a message, that I should send her a card…..

So for my diet/fitness I need websites(easy to use ones), if it’s my phone I might gain 2 st, thinking I lost 5lbs !

I did try WW propoints, but did not like it, can’t say why exactly.

I checked my weight this morning, I should try to remember what clothes I wore the last time, with today’s clothes I’ve lost 800g.
    I guess only 1 person knows how much it is 😆 😆
    I put it down to lighter clothes rather than better food intake.
    So this morning I’m 94.9 kg, in my black trousers and top, no shoes.

Please girls give me websites for brain dead and technology unchallenge woman.
    And one where most of the food we find in tesco or dunnes are listed.
    Now, going to make some veg soup.

Fabienne

munchin
    Participant

😆 😆 😆 fabienne you’ll get there missus
    on websites – myfittnespal has a website too – and when you get the hang of the phone you can download the ap.
    Also Slimming world have a website as do unislim, WW and lots more you will find one that suits you. Operation Transformation too – find you that has recipes etc that you like or can use- think the most important thing to start with it Writing down EVERYTHING that you eat and drink – you’ll be amazed at home much more we eat than we need – that little biscuit that you may have with your tea that we really don’t need type of thing.

Fabienne

Joined myfitnesspal, seams a good way to track foon intake and exercice.

Fabienne

Taylor5

Im doing really well on the diet end of things, i cut portions and im not eating much junk, i still have the odd treat but i making my treat good treats like popcorn, i had a stick of kitkat today…. i would have had a whole kitkat so every little cut back adds up.

Chew well done, thats brilliant results for week 1, keep it going.

I dont count calories, im just eating a bit less of my regular food and having more salads. But if im honest i was eating so much crap and treats just cutting back on that and getting a few runs/walks in will do the trick. I have a wedding inMarch so i have a few weeks to get in shape

Fabienne

Thank you Munchin, I love myfitnesspal. Very easy to track food intake, not that I’m doing well (it’s the WE, so we had wine and treats), but force me to put everything down, so I do eat a bit less, still more than my daily allowance.
    Will see on thursday what is my weight.

Still can cook my own way, I do find all the ingredients or I can add the calories if item not on the list.

Hope to be more active this week.
    Still don’t like walking, but should cycle again.

Fabienne

Taylor5

Im just sooo hungry today, i had a lovely breakfast of scrambled eggs, a tuna lunch and ham, veg and a small portion of spuds for dinner…… and im STARVING!!! All i want is treats, i had a kit kat and i felt sick after it, so it was nice to get that turn off so i wont be tempted again, i had some fruit and felt much better, but it just hasnt hit the spot iykwim, im still looking for something nice.

Anyone make a nice humas with Chilli?

I got a 5.5k walk in today, i didnt run at all, i would normally bound around but my legs felt heavy today…. it was a lovely day for walking. I did a few sit ups but not much else, going to start my yoga and boxing tomorrow (on the wii fit)

CaliGal

I have been having a small mini meringue with vanilla yogurt and fresh berries on it for dessert. You can control the calorie count on the yogurt by eating a fat free/lowfat or regular yogurt.

It packs a big crunch and is sweet but in a good way!

munchin
    Participant

yeah fabienne i like the site too, i wasn’t great over the weekend had wine and treats too BUT i didn’t blow it totally like i usually do – was very aware not to over do it – Friday night is my "treat" dinner and i don’t count it but rest of weekend i was pretty ok
    Need to work on getting more active myself this week too

munchin
    Participant

yeah finally got a 30min walk in 😉
    I walk at my lunch break in work, i tend to work through lunch and i’ve alot on at the minute but i knew if i didn’t get out today i wouldn’t go out for the week – so hopefully now weather permitting i’ll keep it up!

Jedt
    Keymaster

Good for you munchin – 30 min walk is great and its lovely weather for it at the moment. its hard fitting everything in with work and being a mammy but we have to set aside some time for ourselves – as the saying goes ‘because we’re worth it’ 😆 😆

Did my fitness DVD in living room today with my 4 year old (who basically made it much harder by nearly tripping me several times and laughing at me in parts!) at the end we were doing the cool down and I was lying face down and reaching (and grunting) to bring my legs into my thigh area for a stretch and as I looked over- while I was tying myself in knots trying to follow the DVD – my 4 year old was lying on her tummy with her two feet up near the back of her head.

She is so bendy that she looked like she was made of rubber and I was there, sweating profusely and struggling to get my heels to reach my bum looking like I was made of cardboard! I hope she stays that stretchy all her life!!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 51 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.