OT 2012

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 51 total)
  • Author
    Fabienne

Was just watching the OT, and it made me realised that 2 years later I’m still obese.
    But even worse, I wasn’t unfit then (not fit, but able to cycle 20+k, do a gym class without been to much breathless), now still obese and unfit.
    Have to do something about it.
    It’s a combination of factors, starting to going less to the gym for plenty of not real reasons, then my gym closing down, not joining a new one, because too expensive and would not use it enough to justify the huge membership.

I have to set some achievable goals.
    Starting tomorrow, even if we have a couple of meal with various friends over the WE. And better start tomorrow to be more active, eating healthier, and will be able to enjoy guilt free WE food and wine.
    Rather than eating badly till the WE, and only start on monday.

Haven’t been on a scale in months and months, let the weight pile up again.
    I’ll be scared in the morning. Not really as I feel my weight, did not really before. I let it go too far in the wrong direction.

Feel free to post comments, your on weight, and ups and downs.

Fabienne

Jedt
    Keymaster

I thought it was a good show, a great start for the New Year for those of us who want to get fitter or shift a few pounds.

I did the walk and jog last year while pregnant so will definitely be doing them both again this year – need to shift a few post baby pounds and they are great ways of getting out and being active with a group of people.

My mam, sister, aunt and I are all taking part and we will spur each other on.

Well done RTE for tonights show, it was very well put together and well done to the Bagel bar for being part of ‘Count me in’ its brilliant to go there for lunch and grab a bagel that is tasty and filling and to be able to see the calories.

I know what I’m having for lunch tomorrow…..cajun bagel, yummy!!!

munchin
    Participant

I lost a stone and half in 2010, but 2011 saw me not losing anything and despite doing a 10km last April doing less exercise than usual. So i’m defintely trying to get myself back on track. Have started tracking my food and am planning on going back to my lunch time walks.
    Haven’t watched OP – never really took to the programme, only time i watched it was when the team from here was taking place! 😉

Fabienne

1st weigh-in, disaster as planned 95.7kg

Did not watched it last year, just happened to come acros it by accident, find it kind of inspirying. Will see if I can get fitter.

Fabienne

Jedt
    Keymaster

One of the OT team members from the Mumstown team who took part in the show with us in 2010 really inspired me today….

We were at our Mumstown Dundalk event and Caligal was there and looking absolutely fabulous. All the hard work she has been doing since baby came along is really paying off and she is positively glowing and looks really fit and healthy.

When I came home from Dundalk today I was all fired up after the show on TV last night and seeing Caligal today, so I got into my work out gear and hopped around to a fitness DVD for an hour in our living room. I used to do this 3-4 times a week before I got pregnant last year and was a happy size 12 so am planning to get back into the rhythm of doing that regularly and want to be back in my size 12 jeans before my sons communion in May.

Reckon thats realistic and am excited about feeling fit & healthy again….

I also signed up for the OT 5km fun run on 18th Feb and am going for a 5km walk Saturday with my mum & sister. We are doing it together and encouraging each other so hopefully this year will be a happy and healthy one for our family.

Anyone who has positive and encouraging ideas to keep us on track please post – lets all keep each other going!!!

Taylor5

I didnt watch last year, i havent done too much this year i did a bit of AGY and Pilates, but not much else.
    Since i got sick i havent had the energy to do anything, but starting to feel a bit better and plan to get my finger out, i told my consultant i need to get fit again, he didnt have a problem but i have to watch that i dont do too much, so i will be following op trans, but i wont be doing classes or anything, just a bit of walking.
    Im up about 5Ibs on my finishing op trans weight, but i think it looks like about 3stone 🙄 🙄 🙄 I really need to tone up and get back in shape, it wont take too much, im going to follow the old op trans diets for lunch and breakfast, but not the dinners 😆 😆 😆
    Good luck girls xxxx
    I signed up for myot.ie its brilliant tracker… Bring it on!

munchin
    Participant

morning all well i weighed in i’m 7lbs heavier than i was this time last year and i was heavier than i should be then!!!!!!!!!!!
    Taylor didn’t know you were sick missus hope you’re on the mend xoxo

I’d love to do the 5km run in Feb – must look up where it’s on times etc. My biggest thing is finding the time to exercise, i leave the house at 7.10am and am not home until between 5.30 & 7pm when i usually try to spend some quality time with the girls before they go to bed and by time they’re in bed, stuff for next day is sorted, have dinner it’s blooming 9pm and i’m fit for nothing. Plus i’m at a course on a monday night and have to do course work too – . What i am going to get back into is a 20/30min walk at lunch time – i don’t get out every day but if i do at least 3 times a week it’s something. I got a voucher from my sisters for Labfitness for my bday i really want to use it AGY but at min not sure if i can get the best out of the class so i’m gonna walk as much as i can and do the AGY hopefully end of Feb – there is a 6month time limit on the voucher and i really loved the AGY so good incentive to get me moving!

must look up that tracker – i have a notebook i write everything into – i know you can download apps for the phone too – i think one is called myfittnesspal and Weight Watchers do one too

Good luck everyone

Jedt
    Keymaster

They have recipe booklets in Tesco that you can pick up for free with the menus from each week. We picked one up today and some nice recipes in there, like steak, chips & cloeslaw. yum yum!!

Just did a 2.6 mile walk. It started drizzling rain before I left house and was tempted not to go but thought better of it, put baby cover on buggy and a raincoat on me and off we went.

So happy I did it now, feel great that I got some fresh air & exercise. Now about to make low fat turkey curry for dinner with fresh garlic, mushrooms, carrots, onions, creme fraiche, peppers and brown rice seasoned with lemon and stock.

Know I will enjoy it after the walking!

How are you all getting on? Anyone else doing the OT walk this weekend or the OT 5km fun run in the Phoenix Park on 18th feb?

Fabienne

In term of food I did really really bad. But still have nearly 2 days left until 1st week over.
    In term of exercice, went to play tennis with the kids last night, but have really badly swollen eyes, so could not see the ball! And haven’t been really well so not helping to do exercice.
    I will do better next week.
    But in a way I did better as I did things (not diet/fitness related at all) that I was pushing back for months so it’s a step in the right position.

Now next step work on my fitness situation, more worrying than weight for me). But need to be able to see a bit better, it’s improving and gp gave me drops.
    Fabienne

CaliGal

Thanks for the kind words Sabbi! I am a firm believer that 75% of fitness is in what we firstly put into our mouths. I do the odd zumba or dance party class on the PS3 but the bigest change I have made is what I put into my gob 😆

Less carbs and more fruit and veg and lean meats. We all know what to do it’s just doing it. I also joined a slimming club which helps me with support and accountability. Two things that I know work for me. Doesn’t matter which one you join as long as you continue going to it weekly I find it helps me stay on track.

I also used to think that most slim people were blessed with an ultra high metabolism. True some people do have those blessings but by and large slim people have healthy food choices and portion sizes. I am an insanely curious observer and am constantly watching to see what slim people eat while out and about. I often see them munching on fruit as snacks and when they do get a dessert, they eat some of it not ALL OF IT and then some like I used to. It’s all about moderation and replacing high calorie foods with more nutrient dense whole foods that fill you up with less caloric intake.

Again we all know this stuff it’s just putting it in practice!

Jedt
    Keymaster

Caligal you look amazing, I am constantly inspired by mums for many different reasons and last week you inspired me to get off my ass and jump around for an hour!!!

I reckon its a case of eat less and move more. But I do think we should still have some treats, if you cut out all treats you go a bit mad. I had a mini bag of malteserers last night and really enjoyed them but that was it, I did not have crisps or any other rubbish (like I had been doing over Christmas 😳 )

Its about changing your mindset and wanting to do it. I am excited about getting fit again and can already feel little changes around my waist in my clothes and that gives me the motivation to keep going

Sounds like you’re having a tough week Fabienne, keep at it and you’ll get there. all the little changes add up and hopefully next week you’ll be feeling better and can get more into it.

keep going girls…..we’ll all be fighting fit by Easter!

munchin
    Participant

am finding that i’m really only getting into it as the week is going on – yest was first day i managed to not eat crap 🙄 i’ll be very surprised if i lose this week but i’m determined to stick with it 😉
    I downloaded myfitnesspal to my phone – it’s great – dh was laughing at me going around the kitchen presses with the barcode scanner 😆 😆 but i’m trying to get into the habit of tracking my food EVERY day and now i’m working on keeping to the calories!
    Good luck all

Fabienne

end of week 1 , same weight kind of, maybe a bit less.
    No fitness improvment, but still have very bad cold and my eyes are only back to normal now.
    Fabienne

CaliGal

I have been using the loseit app and website to track my daily foods. It’s great as when I update one, it synchs automatically with the other. Its the website and app that the folks at the biggest loser use.

Fabienne

went to loseit, great website love the idea but,
    it’s not metric, am so no good at american or imperial mesures.
    Callical could you find me a website like that but easy to use by my tiny brain. I could use a convertor, but more time, then might stop sooner.

I did try to fill it just by triyng few things do not relate to my realcrappy diet for the day, but hope to fill it honestly tomorrow. I guess it takes few days to really know the food list and be more accurate as might put the wrong one as choice so big.

Thanks for finding that sire for me.

Fabienne

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 51 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.