Opinions on tandems or double kits

Home Forums National Chat Opinions on tandems or double kits

• This topic has 8 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    mammycool
    Participant

Hi Girls,

Has anyone tried out the Phil & Teds with a double kit? My little man will be 2 in March, and 2nd baby is also due in March. I do not fancy using a buggy board, as I reckon he will jump off and run off on me. Also, he still gets tired walking, so I think, I will need still need him in a pram.

I have been looking around and I think a double pram would be a waste, as he would probably want to walk himself within the year. The other options that I have come across are the Phil & Teds with the double kit – which seems ideal but very expensive or Love N Care Europa or Rapid stroller – works the same way as Phil & Teds but not sold in many places in Ireland.

Does anyone have experience with either?

thanks

Taylor5

Mammycool congrats on your pregnancy, I think you might need a double buggy as 2 is a bti young for a buggy board.

I was in mothercare Drogheda the other day and they are doing the phil and teds with a free double kit for 499, if you attend the instore mothercare evening you would get a 10% discount card, so you could get the P&T for 450 euro.
    They have a MaClaren double buggy for 200 euro

mammycool
    Participant

Thanks Taylor5 – when is the mothercare evening?

Taylor5

If you call or ring the store they will give you the next date, I think they have another one early september and there is one on the 6th of November

MaryE

I have a Phil & Teds, it is great, so eays to push & ds is so comfy in it.

Only have one child but got the double section free with it, it was an offer they had in Tony kealys in July.

So if i do have another child, im all set.

mammycool
    Participant

Hi Girls,

I got the voucher for the 10% off at the mothercare evening – then found out that the promotion was over. I went onto the mothercare.com site and the same pram is 329STG – which at the current exchange rate is much cheaper. Tried to buy online but they refused to sell this item to ROI – typical!!! Anyhow – found a great website – http://www.pramworld.co.uk who are currently selling the Phil & Ted sports single for 299STG which works out at about 375euro – 125euro cheaper than mothercare. They have to get back to me on shipping costs but hopefully these will not effect the price two much.

Taylor5

Mammycool did you see there is a second hand P&T’s for sale in the swap shop, also if you logon to Eumom or Magicmum in the hot shop topics there are loads of P&T’s for sale

mammycool
    Participant

Hi Taylor5

I bought my pram on that website for 299STG with 20STG post – still works out a lot cheaper – plus I get my guarantee.

Thanks for the help

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi

Just from my own experience prefered double side by side as both children can see out of the buggy and helps keep them amused. Maclaren umbrella style so easy to store and put in any car.

Just check size of buggy make sure fit in your car!!!!

Mummy5

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.