Open day at Drogheda Garda Station

Home Forums Louth Chat Open day at Drogheda Garda Station

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Drogheda Garda Station are having an open day, Saturday 23.06.2012 from 11.00am to 3.00pm

The public are invited to attend Drogheda Garda Station open day in an effort to raise awareness of the role of the gardai in the community. The open day will be informative and family orientated and fun for all.

beams

Sounds great – my little man (aged 3) would LOVE to sit in a garda car – car mad 😆

Taylor5

My little fella is always in a garda car 😳 😳 😳
    I would to pop down

happymumblemum
    Participant

Wonder what that would be like?

MaryE

Great Idea.

Would love to bring kids but we are not around tomorrow.

Maybe they will do it again.

God my ds would love it.

joeyrudd

my kids would love that but busy day tomorrow….missed it last year too

Homebirdx2

Hi, I brought my 2 kids, age 6 & 4 and they had a great time!

Loved all the vehicles, all the guards telling them their jobs & having a good old nosy around the garda station!!

It’s the simple things that the kids love!

Jedt

We had a mental day Saturday – 3 of our kids were at parties and I was like a taxi all day dropping & collecting, so we did not make it.

But I was chatting with a mum who was there and she said it was very good. Its good they have things like this.

Taylor5

We went, we got there at 11 O Clock, it was lashing rain and empty!! We got inside to do a tour and it was very long and detailed, the kids loved it!
    We were in the control room listening to 999 calls coming in and they were showing us the CCTV cameras around the town and how they zoom in!!!! OMG im will never pick my knickers out of my ass on West street again 😆 😆 😆 😆

We got to sit in all the cars, on the bike with the engine running and into the Garda Boat, the armed response guy showed us the pepper spray and his guns, my boys were over the moon…. then across the road into the back of the Ambulance. The two ambulance men were like big kids going around looking at all the stuff. All the Garda were lovely and had so much time for the kids.
    The Cells were very shocking, even though when asked would he like to stay the night my 3 year old said YES!! 😆 😆 😆
    Well done Drogheda Garda Station and all the Garda from other local stations who were there to help…. oh one Garda sent me into the mens toilets with my ds, he said there were no ladies toliets on that floor, only for me to find them 5 mins later. He roared laughing and said he was praying i wouldnt see the ladies toilets next door and that he was from Balbriggian and why would i know where the ladies toilet were 🙄 😆 😆 😆 😆

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.