Op Trans…… Week 4

Home Forums Operation Transformation Op Trans…… Week 4

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 91 total)
  • Author
    scole1

omg, so not trying that….thanks almae

Yvonne

What are the benefits of epsom salts???

Almae

girls I am dieing with a hangover , 1st night out since FEB 09 , lst night :):) LOL

but here goes , i had to take alot of it from the web , as brain isnt functioning 🙂

Detoxification:

â—¦Epsom Salt flushes toxins and heavy metals from the cells, easing muscle pain and helping the body to eliminate harmful substances. Pouring a warm bath with Epsom salts will actually draw out toxins from inside your body. Your skin is a highly porous membrane. Adding the right minerals to your bathwater triggers a process called reverse osmosis — pulling salt out of your body, and harmful toxins along with it. Epsom salts cost nearly nothing.

•Researchers and physicians report that raising your magnesium levels may:
    â—¦Improve heart and circulatory health
    â—¦reduce irregular heartbeats,
    â—¦prevent hardening of the arteries
    â—¦reduce blood clots and
    â—¦lower blood pressure
    â—¦improve the body’s ability to use insulin, reducing the incidence or severity of diabetes

Yvonne

Thanks for that Almae, hope you are feeling a bit better now! 😆

Fabienne

My questions are as follow : It once again will be a very very long post
    hope the answers (if some of you can post them) will benefit other mumstowners.

– some people will prefer to cut ALL treats because they don’t want the temptation to have to stop,
    I prefer have a little rather than nothing,
    WHAT IS AN ACCEPTABLE DAILY TREAT?
    for me 1 homemade smoothie made from 0.5banana + youghurt is not a weekly treat or daily

– I need a dessert after diner, I now have a yougurt with honey or jam and 1 chocolate, is it ok, if not
    WHAT SHOULD I EAT INSTEAD ?

– SAME KIND OF IDEA : WHAT CAKE (proportions of ingredients if homemade, or bought) IS OK FOR WEEKLY TREAT, HOW MUCH

– don’t eat feta cheese, avoid mozarella (not much taste), keep the calories for brie cheese occasionally instead but doesn’t make up for protein…
    WHAT SHOULD I USE INSTEAD OF FETA?

– 80g of ham seems a lot for sandwich, normally I’ll have few thin slices (maybe 40g)
    DOES IT REALLY MATTER IF I EAT LESS HAM.

– IN A WEIGHT-LOSS DIET WHAT IS THE PROPORTION IN g OF PROTEIN, DAIRY, CARBS.

– THE OT DIET AS SO LITTLE CARBS (only cereal in breakfast and pita bread for lunch or craker bread), BUT HAS CARBS (couscous, quinoa, pasta) in the VEGETARIAN OPTION, WHY?

– IF I HAVE PASTA, POTATO OR QUINOA WITH PROTEIN (meat) and veg with diner, WHAT AMOUNT IS OK AND WHAT SHOULD NOT EAT TO MAKE UP FOR THE EXTRA CALORIES.

– I’m a big fan of homemade white sauce, bechamel (the one without cheese), I use less butter than required. should I not have my milk with breakfast to use it to make sauce for diner?

WHAT IS AN OK PORTION OF BECHAMEL, AND HOW OFTEN?

– WHAT’S THE MAIN DIFFERENCE BEETWEN WEIGHT-LOSS DIET AND EVERYDAY HEALTHY DIET. HOW MANY CALORIES EXTRA?

– IF I OVERDO (PARTY, BIRTHDAY MEAL, RESTAURANT…..) SHOULD I EAT NOTHING THE DAY AFTER OR NEARLY NORMALLY AND MAKE UP FOR IT SLOWLY OVER FEW DAYS AND A BIT EXTRA EXERCICE?

– FOR CHILDREN :
    how many calories in a day? details (breakfast, lunch, diner, morning and afternoon snack), ratio protein/carbs

– I comfort eat and always want to snack at 6pm (did it very little since OT), but don’t want diner at 6pm (not hungry then just want to nibble),
    WILL A RYVITA craker BE OK? Should I eat one less at lunch?

– WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT CERREAL BARS? How often (weekly or monthly) is it ok, if ever?

– WHEN WILL CHEESE (from typical cheese board) BE OK, HOW MUCH AND HOW OFTEN?

– what healthly convinience meal bought not homemade?

With OT I eat more veg than before and don’t feel hungry, I loose weight, and I’ll keep doing it even when tv show over.
    But I don’t want to spend the next 12 months (it’s at least the time I’ll need to reach a better weight) without potatoes or pasta.
    By the way I had a small portion of homemade lasagne for lunch. 😳

Thank you for posting answers. I don’t go to facebook, so won’t get answers there.
    I’d love to ask them to Dr Eva or RTE but I don’t have any contact with them, or email adress I could send it to.

Talk soon,
    Fabienne

Fabienne

To sumerise my questions (if I can, previous expenrience shows I can’t do short post 😆 😆 😆 )

– WHAT IS AN ACCEPTABLE DAILY TREAT?
    Is yougurt with honey or jam and 1 small chocolate ok everyday?

– WHAT CAKE IS OK FOR WEEKLY TREAT, HOW MUCH?

– WHAT SHOULD I USE INSTEAD OF FETA?

– DOES IT REALLY MATTER IF I EAT LESS HAM than 80g for the lunch option?.

– IN A WEIGHT-LOSS DIET WHAT IS THE PROPORTION IN g OF PROTEIN, DAIRY, CARBS….

– THE OT DIET AS LITTLE CARBS, BUT CARBS (couscous, quinoa, pasta) in the VEGETARIAN OPTION, WHY?
    CAN I HAVE SOME CARBS WITH MEAT?

– WHAT’S THE MAIN DIFFERENCE BEETWEN WEIGHT-LOSS DIET AND EVERYDAY HEALTHY DIET. HOW MANY CALORIES EXTRA?

– IF I OVERDO (PARTY, BIRTHDAY MEAL, RESTAURANT…..) SHOULD I EAT NOTHING THE DAY AFTER OR NEARLY NORMALLY AND MAKE UP FOR IT SLOWLY OVER FEW DAYS?

– FOR CHILDREN :
    how many calories in a day? details (breakfast, lunch, diner, morning and afternoon snack), ratio protein/carbs

– I comfort eat WILL A RYVITA craker BE OK? Should I eat one less at lunch?

– WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT CERREAL BARS? How often (weekly or monthly) is it ok, if ever?

– WHEN WILL CHEESE (from typical cheese board) BE OK, HOW MUCH AND HOW OFTEN?

– what healthly convinience meal bought not homemade?

Talk soon,
    Fabienne

chewieodie
    Participant

HI Fabienne….

I’ll try and answer as best as I can, to my knowledge at least!

I know from the rte magazine that in terms of the treats, Dr Eva says that if you need to have a little something, it is far better to have the little treat size chocs than the normal size, as they are under 100 calories. Also, the low fat yoghurts, less calories, the better.

Cake… this would be a difficult one… once again, check out your calorie content. If I’m not mistaken, it seems that the general OT guidelines make for about 200 ish calories for breakfast, 250 for lunch, and 450 / 500 for dinner. The general guidlines for a man is 2500 calories per day, and a woman 2000…. so obviously with the weightloss being the goal, it would make sense that we eat less than we burn….

I can’t see that it would make a difference eating less ham? I also don’t use the 80g. And in terms of the cheese, why not opt for a lower fat cheese, a cheddar, like the low low…. or something along the same ideas. I think substituting whatever cheese you prefer, as long as you keep within the calorie guidelines.
    I don’t know the proportions, sorry… just know that the OT plans have been balanced correctly. Just eat a lot of veg, and you are on the right track.
    Cereal bars…. I know the special k ones are reasonably low in calories… but some of them are quite high too, you’ll just have to check the calories too. Don’t know if I’ve helped at all! 😕 Just keep at it… you are doing well!

Taylor5

fabienne i did a long post and lost it.. but jo covered most of what i was going to say..

is op trans diet not about 1200 a day cals? i might be wrong.

i dont worry about weights as long as im eating kinda withinn the guidelines. If I have an extra or eat out im just push a bit harder and do an extra 30 mins that day and back on track the next…
    I dont read cals in general… some of the girls asked me what cals was in my soda bread and soup? I dont know but it tasted lovely and it was a better option then a big mac and fries.
    i think if you eat what you like but as jo said choose the low fat option or should I say lower fat option..
    i do have treats but I tend to walk to the fruit bowl, i have mellon and carrots chopped up. I do have cashew nuts i know very high in cals but only have about a handful very high in protein. the op trans is about lifestyle change so im trying to cut out the treats as much as possible as I dont want to slip back to my horrid ways over eating on all the wrong foods.

I you eat the lower fat options of what you like and cut the treats to a min…… have some good chocolate and try not have cake…… im not having biscuts as i know i’d be all or nothing and have done too well to fall into old habits.

one tip i have, if you bold step up the exercise routine… if i know i’ve over eating I’ll hop on the bike and burn 300 cals so its a happy balance.

Taylor5

oh one of the girls was saying wraps are as bad as sandwiches… I had a look at my tesco wraps only 140 cals!!!! I fill with chicken and salad and veg so only the wrap and the chicken to count for…. so still low cal option to me.
    had a look at my bread hovis 50/50 and one slice is almost 90 cals so a sandwich two slices is almost 180 cals… and that isnt counting the butter or marg spread (i’d have to have it as I cant eat dry bread 🙄 so if your spread is 60cals that means your bread sandwich is now 240cals without the filiing…..
    !00cals in the difference is alot over the day or the week.

i think happy posted a few weeks ago, if you cut your diet by 250cals a day and up your exercise routine to burn 250cals a day that will add up to a pound loss at the end of the week…. I started to do this trying to burn 250 to 300 cals extra a day and its seems to be working for myself and for happymammy…

beams

A tip i learned at weight watchers – when you’re finished your last meal of the day brush your teeth – the temptation to eat again seems to go once you have brushed your teeth 😉

Fabienne

Looked at the value tesco cereal bar, it’s about the same amount of calories as special K.
    So it’s all about counting the calories.

I prefer no cheese than low fat.
    Taylor why don’t you use light soft cheese on toast instead of butter if you don’t like it dry?

I send an email/ diary to Lorna about my diet. Told her I’m not following the plan. Will see.

Bought toothpaste (ok it happens to all of us), but the other day after breakfast and clean tooth I drank some of my tea and wanted a piece of fruit.
    It did make the taste so bad, I did not want to eat!

Thank you for answers.

Next big question why carbs in veg diet not in normal?
    Any opinion?

Fabienne

Yvonne

I would assume that there are more carbs in the veggie diet because they are not having as much protein as we would be….

As for a daily treat – maybe 2 jaffa cakes, treat size bar, options hot chocolate drinks (I like these)….

A weekly cake treat – I suppose any but just a reasonable sized slice!

If Ihad a party or something coming up – I would work out a bit more beforehand and afterwards, and on the day drink the soup – it definitely wouldn’t be good to eat nothing the day after…

I’m sure a ryvita cracker is ok – they are very low calorie so an extra one or two couldn’t do much harm?

I think cereal bars are very handy…. I had used them more before, if I was running late and no time to make something, it would tide me over a bit.

I think is never really ok, as it is very high in fat, just have it in moderation..

I only gave my opinion of those I could, didn’t know answers to some of the others!

Also, If you are not following the plan, what way are you doing it?

Fabienne

If because veg diet less proteine why carbs instead? Maybe just less caloriesin fish , so can have some extra calories.

I follow A diet,
    from what I can understand from OT plan (from tips I get from tv show on wednesdays, and the food plan).
    More veg than before, make sure I have a decent protein intake.
    Treat myself scarsely ie : yogurght everyday after diner with real swetener (honey, or jam, don’t like the idea of chemical sweeteners, and there is a lot of those everywhere), and chocolate truffle (from Santa) everyday.
    No butter, oil, margerine, or cheese.
    No nuts, no alcohol.
    I’ll have a cereal bar max once a week if even that.
    No junk.
    But still milk in my tea, sometimes, not fat milk powder.
    But have a full fat steak once a week, not just lean mince.
    No pasta or potatoes for the moment.

And for the exercices, don’t do it either, but go to my gym 2 or 3 times a week for classes (great and fun workout) + horse riding 1h/week + playschool run (12 miles in the day) once a week (most weeks, since sept), on my bike pulling heavy trailer with ds inside both it’s about 5 stones of weight I pull. Sure it counts for something.

That’s why I still loose weight.
    Even if last week I had more extra than usual.

The short post would have been : I’m having an healthier diet, but not OT plan, and more exercices but not Karl’s plan. Can’t find in me the motivation to do RTE full plan.

Talk soon, Fabienne

Yvonne

I feel the same on the ot plan today!!! I am so p’d off with it all…..

I follow the plan mostly – stick with their breakfast and lunches but have my own dinners – sometimes I make theirs but only if the whole family will eat it… I am not going to cook seperate dinners – or I have smaller portions of the usual dinners – like this evening DH and DD had steak and chips, but I had steak (smaller size) and salad….

I have to have a supper at night, but I have started to either have green tea, and it doesn’t go well with anything or have a low fat yoghurt….

Taylor5

Fab you sound like you do alot and when you say you only have one bar a week etc… your treats are no more then anyone elses.
    Would you not try and do 1 rep of hte op trans plan every other day, they are having a brilliant change on my body never did weights before and im really trying to push… not today as im having a rest.. but i did climb about in the playcentre for 2 hours

i think thats the right outlook more healthy options of foods but a little of what you like and being more active and working out a few times a week… I love the op trans workout as I can get 3 reps done in 30 mins and all my sit ups…. i’ve started to set my alarm 45 mins early and I do my thing before the kids wake…. great that i dont have to leave the house and bam it over and done with for the day

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 91 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.