Op Trans….week 2

Home Forums Operation Transformation Op Trans….week 2

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 70 total)
  • Author
    Yvonne

Just had my tea, a big salad, was very tasty if I say so myself!
    Going to stick on the wii fit a few mins and get something done.

Oh didn’t realise Fergus O Dowd was in the politicians group!

Yvonne

Just to note, if you register on http://www.weigh2live.eu you will be sent a free pedometer.
    It looks to be a good site, lots of tips for food and exercise…

hjs

OK – food update, barely eating what I’m even supposed to be, but feeling ok. Gonna start exercises in 10 mins!!!

DH in UK til God knows when given Air Traffic Control siyuation, so a real test of how to cope in real life without support coming up. Let’s hope no wobbles. As could be sorely tempted as guess what’s coming judging from my massive bloated tunmmy…

FYC…

1) Scole telling me earlier of an organisation doing Op Trans on sponsorship basis, raising money for charidee, can we do similar? Dunno how this would work? Ideas below maybe please?

2) We in DI tomorrow, full page (7 I think) featuring roller skating exploits, team photo and all individual photos as photographer got the WRONG Funtasia for snapping those of you who were right back in the 80’s last night skating . We look well even if I do say so myself.

3) Page 3 of same, Fegus O’Dowd big piece on him doing Op Trans, he 1 of the Politicians, ideas below as to how we can hook up with him, he does pretty much ask for this in the article.

Food for thought, if you’ll pardon the pun!

trixiebell
    Participant

hi yvonne, thanks for that, where on the site do u go to get the pedometer?

trixiebell
    Participant

HJS, what about a sponsered buggy walk ??

Yvonne

Full page in the DI????? Oh no!!! 😳 😥

We could drag Fergus along to our pole dancing class!! 😛

Maria30

I would pay to see Fergus O Dowd pole dancing 😆 😆

Why don’t you try organise a walking group for yourselves if you live relatively close to each other, nothing like buddy motivation and it doesn’t seem like a chore if your struggling to motivate yourself to go to the gym. sometimes a bit of support does wonders to motivate you and pick an activity that you enjoy doing like walking and chatting at the same time 🙂

hjs

Sponsored buggy walk sounds great? Ramparts a good venue? Where else?

A charity nomination anyone?

Yvonne

Well you won’t miss us in the DI this week! Full page spread! 😆 😳

Charity buggy walk sounds good… charities – SOSAD, Gary Kelly, Drogheda Womens Refuge…..

Taylor5

i said we should give a euro for every pound you lose…. you could put it into a jar week by week!

chewieodie
    Participant

Some good ideas gals! I like the euro per pound…. and perhaps local business could match it… say, we lose fify pounds, they pay E 50….. and different businesses could do it each week…..
    just a thought.

Taylor5

I like that with the business matching the amount…. I like local charities, The Garry kelly doesnt get state funding so they would be at the top of the list, then with the boyne river claiming so many lives in the County i would also put forward SOSAD, or the homeless aid in Drogheda

Taylor5

What about a dog walk on the beach for the DAR,…. we could use their dogs! We could take the dogs and do our 4 miles every Saturday! Then some of the money raised could be given to them

hjs

euro per lb, think is good – so we put in our equiv and get local businesses to match each week, starting with last week, maybe funtasia would match for last week?

Ideas for businesses to approach?

The Drogheda Independent? They gettin geat news out of us and I writin our articles for them for free so I’ll approach them?

Glanbia? They big enough?
    The Lawrence Centre?
    Boyne Valley Honey?

We could make a big deal of it with each week the sponsor for that week coming putting in the cash when we weigh in (swer them to secrecy) the story won’t go in til the wed when the show airs, leaders’ weigh ins r on G R show on tues so don’t think RTE can expect US not to let our total be known in The DI on a Wed am…Get DI to run story each week so bit of exposure for the businesses? What do you think?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 70 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.