Op trans – Awful show last night

Home Forums Operation Transformation Op trans – Awful show last night

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Jedt
    Keymaster

Did anyone watch the show last night? Some of those leaders need a good kick up the arse!

They have the opportunity to be on this show with a panel of experts helping them and they are just not taking advantage of it. Ronan is doing well but the girls seem to be really struggling.

Its not easy but the plan is not rocket science….it can be followed. It was hard when we did it last year but its not impossible. The food is ok and th exercise is not that bad. They seem not to be bothering to follow it.

That girl Jayne is in an awful state and I do sympathise but the way she stood Karl up at the race track is just plain bad manners. Crying off from doing any exercise because she is tired is one thing but not even ringing him to say she would not be turning up is plain inexcusable. He lives in Dublin and drove all the way to Athlone and she turned her phone off and never called him or explained why she was not there. She just left him standing there like a mug, I would have been really annoyed if it was me.

They are supposed to be leaders but they are not very inspiring at all. Last years 5 leaders were far more inspiring. Hope they can pull it out of the bag for the last 2 weeks – how on earth are they supposed to do the 5km run if they are not sticking to the plans?

It’s only 5km – they could even walk it. Most people would be able to walk 5km. Even I’ll be walking it with my little baby bump hopefully :wink:

noeleenw

the girl from kerry drives me mad…..ffs just do it

Jedt
    Keymaster

I know, how hard can it be – errr, not that hard actually. they signed up for this and its only for 8 weeks.

Yes, it can be hard some weeks, you feel tired and can get de-motivated some days but most of them, especially the youngest one, has a lot of weight to lose and even if they were mostly following the plan, the weight would be coming off steadily.

Its sad for the people who wanted to do the show and were turned down for them – such a waste! Wonder how they will fare at the 5km – and if they will even all turn up. I hope they can find the motivation to do it – even to walk it. It would be sad if they could not.

Taylor5

I cant watch the show this year, after the 5 leaders last year and the effort they put in, i just think of Amanda running up the fecking hill in Cork 10 times to the the right camera shot…

Conor taking that massive jump in the diving pool, im a good swimmer and wouldnt do it, he was a none swimmer

Anna and her panic attacks… she got over it.

Ciara and the whole shame of "oh your the single fat girl!" Setting her up on the blind date was terrible, but she sucked it up and fought back the next week with a big loss…

Last but not least the Wonderful and brave Penny, she inspired many many women around the country. She faced her pain and fought like mad to lose the weight and address her feelings etc..

This year… just weak, lame and Lazy if you ask me!!! That girl from Cork is very very young and i think she was something like a size 20, cant remember the weight, if she was even to do the diet and take a walk everyday she should be dropping POUNDS every week!!!!
    Why sign up to an 8 week course and only give half an effort, what will they be like after the cameras are gone….. Annoys me too see someone like Mark (was on the show last week) who has lost over 100Ibs since last year and he was rejected from Optrans again this year!!!!

Jedt
    Keymaster

I find it hard to listen to them saying they can’t eat the food, can’t do the exercise, can’t do the 5km run – its all ‘can’t can’t can’t!

Ok, so not all the food is great (we had a few not so tasty ones last year and thats putting it mildly) but some of the recipes were lovely, we still make the stir fry, poached eggs and some of the other recipes.

And after all Penny’s hard work last year she went on to become pregnant, which was her goal and she now has a lovely new little baby to love. Now, thats inspiring! She had to deal with the loss of a child – whose anniversary was during filming of the show and even on that week, she did not put up weight, which everyone would have allowed for, but no, she kept going and did really, really well.

They were a great bunch last year…

I do think that the ‘Count me in’ campaign is great this year and fair play to the restaurants who are taking part so far and hats off to The Bagel Bar, who are getting on board with that next week too. Thats something good coming out of the show but all the moaning and groaning and ‘I can’t’ attitude just ticks me off

Its not about being a skinny minnie, its about a lifestyle change to be healthy and these people put themselves up as leaders, so they should give it all they can in these last few weeks and be inspiring.

Taylor5

I know isnt Penny just brilliant… i only found out a few weeks ago that she was pregnant and Baby Skye is just stunning, would even make me broody!!!

Could this years Failure be down to the fact the other Motivation guy isnt on the panel?

Why sign up, i know i didnt stick to the plan, but i did take parts of it away with me, as im sure we all did… i still have the poached eggs and omelettes… i love the pasta, spinach and cream cheese dish, so do the kids

rossylisa

Have lost interest in this show this year. having watched it for a few weeks

Taylor5

I watched the first week and last week as Mark was on…. dont know if its lost it spark since Gerry is gone! Or if its a bad choice of leaders?

noeleenw

think it is very hypocritical to have kathryn thomas as the host , she is soooo skiny, not that i am jealous or anything 😆

Taylor5

think it is very hypocritical to have kathryn thomas as the host , she is soooo skiny, not that i am jealous or anything 😆

She is a good host, very natural…. but as you say super skinny!!!!

I thought Conor O Connor from last year would have made a good host

Jedt
    Keymaster

Kathryn used to have weight issues herself, she was overweight as a teenager and was teased about it, so she does understand where they are coming from. I like her on the show, she has a great energy about her. Its good the way she goes to the tasks too, she seems to get very involved.

She is lean but not bony, she’s got some curves. Think she is just very fit because she plays a lot of sports and exercises often but she says she likes her treats too.

Here is a clip of her talking about her own struggle with her weight: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVFHejIhDQo

beams

I disagree , i think Kathryn Thomas looks great and is a great inspiration – for me she is anyway – puts me off running to the biscuit tin when i see her 😆 😆 I think Ronan is great – he really took everything on board and is embracing the whole change of life style. I think Jayne is particularly lazy in my opinion ……who goes to bed for the day and gets up at 5pm ?? She needs a kick up the arse big time , ive no sympathy for her at all. The other girls are doing well too – they have their ups and downs but are battling away 😀

Jedt
    Keymaster

I will be interested to see which of the leaders turns up Saturday for the run/walk in the Phoenix park. I know some of them are saying they cannot run it – and I think thats fair enough if they really are not feeling up to that challenge – but there is no way they should struggle to walk it – its only 5km, thats half the distance of the women’s mini marathon!!

Think Jayne needs a good kick up the backside – she is taking the place of someone who could be changing their life with the show.

Ronan is doing well and I like Rachel, shes very good and is doing well too.

Lets see how they get on this week – they really should not be putting on weight at this stage!

Taylor5

Is Jayne the girl who had cancer? Cant believe she GETS UP at 5pm!!! Think some serious problems there, more then weight issues, sounds like depression or something

Jedt
    Keymaster

No, Jayne is the girl with blonde hair, her partner does most of the cooking, takes the kids out all day so she can ‘rest’, does her exercises with her and basically makes her life look easy peasy. But she is tired, bless her, so she says she cannot do her exercises! She’s the one who stood Karl Henry up and never even bothered to phone him – she just left him stuck in the rain in Athlone and stayed at home in bed until 5pm, ignoring all his and the producers calls. Shameful.

If she is genuinely sick, fair enough but there does not seem to be anything wrong with her – I’m sure they all get thorough medicals before they start.

Sure, most of us know, the best way to get more energy is to be more active, its a catch 22 for her, she says she too tired to exercise but she won’t feel better until she does start exercising!

Rachel, the girl who had cancer, who has 3 kids and a husband out of work is doing really well. She is going back to college too – like her a lot, shes a fighter.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.