oooohh dare I mention the budget???

Home Forums National Chat oooohh dare I mention the budget???

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Happymammy

Ok any one nervous???? Im feeling very annoyed because there is a lot of speculation saying the poor and elderly, children and disables will be hit!! I suppose we will all find out in an hour or so!
    I really hope they dont take the Children Benefit away I look forward to the few bob every month and for most women its the only payment they get without having to reley on her man for!!
    I wish they would just leave us mums alone we dont ask for much afterall!!!! :roll: , The elderly have been working all there life andthey deserve their pension atleast! And the disabled and special needs never get any funding anyway but im sure they will find a way to cut back from them also!!
    Will just have to wait and see what he comes out with! Im not holding my breath I have a feeling its gonna be awful for everyone!!!

Anonymous
    Inactive

They said it would be bad and i think it could have been worse, god only knows what 2010 will hold. I do feel that the 1% levy on all incomes is harsh and that this should have been on taxable pay.
    I havent worked it out yet but net between the two of us in direct taxes we will be down by about €80-€100 per month and thats taking into account the Childrens allowance went up €2/child/per week.
    The early childcare supplment being cut by 6 months cost to us €1100 thankfully i have never included this in our household budget. The medical expenses has also been cut to the lowertax rate so for anyone paying tax at higher rate you can now only claim relief on medical expenses at lower tax rate.
    I think next year will be worse, we will definitely see the childrens allowance hit. Also i think the pension contributions are going to be hit next year and that relief will only be available at lower rate of tax.
    I went into apple julianstown on the way home absolutely jammers. Thank god there is wine in the shed 50c per bottle.
    I am going to a budget briefing in the morning should be interesting. For all those who cycle to work, you will get an additional allowance. Dont get too excited will probably just cover the costs of a repair kit 😆 😆

Happymammy

Yes thats if they dont make you pay road tax for using the cycling lanes!! Give it to you in one hand and take it from the other!!!! Disgusted! I love the comment the women made on how the ordinary passengers using an aircraft will be taxed but the passengers on a private jet plane (with money!) wont be.
    Lets face it, they dont have the ordinary working class citizens best interest at heart let alone the elderly or our children which are the future government for this country. 😡

munchin
    Participant

yeah think the budget was based on the idea that economy will start to recover in 2010 but the general consesus is it will be 2011 before any major recovery will be seen.
    I do think they could have taxed the fat cats more – i’m afraid to work out how much a month it will effect us as money is tight enough as it is!!!!!!!

yummymummy

of course it never effects the fat cats, its always the normal working class citizens!!

there is alos a change in the dole structure as well, not to sure on details but check out http://www.welfare.ie

childrens allowence didnt go up at all!!!! still €166 for 1st child.

how many people are actually going to be able to cycle to work??? i know i wouldnt be able to working in castlebellingham, not feesible from drogheda, could u imagine hahahaha

i think that will benifit people living and working in cities, ie dublin, cork, galway etc.

the car parking tax, who exaclty is goin to pay that, the employee or the employer, and if its the employer, i can forsee a drop in wages cos of it!!

Dinomum

The car parking levy is paid by the employee according to our company accountant…that is a bt rich !!! Apparently it will only apply to ‘major urban centres’…..

yummymummy

so workers have to pay 4% increase in tax, 8c on petrol and €200 for the privilidge of working, jesus christ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Happymammy

Ya they are making it harder for you to work and harder for you to get social welfare, maybe we should all go live in caves and become Flintstones! 🙄 They will probably put a tax on walking to work next! Path Tax!!

Anonymous
    Inactive

yummymummy the childrens allowance did go up, dont get too excited though only went up by €2/per child/week

Taylor5

Just a question how much do you get on Childrens allowance for 2 kids?

yummymummy

are you sure cos according to welfare.ie its still €166pm so what are we getting now???€174????

taylor the allowence is the same for the first 2 kids ie €166 * 2 it goes up on the 3rd child.

yummymummy

i knew the childrens allowence didnt go up, its still €166

the €2 increase was on a child dependent on social welfare allowences. was €24 in jan it be €26.

noeleenw

think its an absolute disgrace what they are doing to older people these are the people tha sowed the seeds for the boom and this is how they repay them 😈

yummymummy

backtracking now and increasing the rate of allowable income so more will get it.

noeleenw

but alot of people stopped paying vhi as they where getting the medical card doubt they will get back in to vhi now 👿

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.