Oldbridge Playground?

Home Forums Louth Chat Oldbridge Playground?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi all,

A while ago my DH mentioned he thought Oldbridge had finally got planning permission to build a playground on their site. I just wondered if any of you knew about it and what the plans are/when it is being built/due to open etc?

My boys and I LOVE walking round Oldbridge, picnics there etc, and the playground would just be the icing on a quite beautiful cake! :)

x

happymumblemum
    Participant

Doesn’t look to be any sign of anything happening.. I thought they had planning problems?

Don’t forget country fair at Oldbridge on Monday

Anonymous
    Inactive

I hope that the playground plans don t go ahead, I must be the only one but I love Oldbridge the way it is, just nature walks and lots of room to play football and run before going for a coffee in the lovely cafe there. God knows how many people will go there if they build a playground. Imagine the car park, it was so crowded one Sunday in March because they had a magic show on, people were parking on lawns etc..all over the place, leaving rubbish, drinking cans at the picnic tables. I don t want this every weekend when the sun is out. Oldbridge is our favourite spot and I think kids don t necessary need a playground to have fun, they can climb trees there and kick a ball on a quiet saturday morning.

happymumblemum
    Participant

A good point to be honest…

Anonymous
    Inactive

we’re really looking forward to the playground as we often head up to Malahide or Donabate for the park and playground. Will be lovely to have one nearer to home that the children can enjoy….if people are respectful it shouldnt spoil the place for others.

Anonymous
    Inactive

we’re really looking forward to the playground as we often head up to Malahide or Donabate for the park and playground. Will be lovely to have one nearer to home that the children can enjoy….if people are respectful it shouldnt spoil the place for others.

We love Oldbridge as it is too but look at Ardgillan, Newbridge and Malahide playgroungs which are in equally scenic and natural surroundings. If it is done properly and designed to blend in to the area in an unobtrusive way, built using natural materials like Malahide Castle, then it might not be such a bad idea. (ie bringing more visitors and employment to the area)
    Wouldnt be holding your breath though as Bettystown playground, which is a badly needed amenity for the area has been put on hold even though a tender has been accepted, as MCC have said they have to give priority to the (hundreds of) potholes in the area! 😆 😆

Anonymous
    Inactive

and now they re fixing Laytown playground first it seems.

just typical 🙄 i noticed surface breaking up alrite hope its not same crowd doing bettystown as been a few faults with laytown 🙄 the usual story when comes to providing something for children in the area bottom of list nd all that space in bettystown centre going to waste we could hav a nice library there too mind you if rumour true it might be filled up soon enough ❗

louise789

I agree with the comment about children needing to appreciate the simpler things in life, and not always needing the entertainment etc, but I like to give my boys a bit of variety when I’m taking them out. We do spend a lot of time just exploring in the garden or surrounding areas, looking at the bugs, birds and plants etc. We love nothing more than a stroll on the beach with our shoes and socks off – we rarely even bother with buckets and spades or a football because we just enjoy looking for shells, paddling in the sea and making pictures from whatever we’ve collected!

But I’m also not against taking them to a decent park now and again, and I too love the occasional trip down to Donabate (not made it to Ardgillan yet)!! It would be amazing to have somewhere like that on our doorstep! Of course I would hope it would be done properly, and be well cared for etc as these other larger facilities seem to be. It’s a beautiful spot and I would love to have the option of making more of a day of a trip there during the summer months.

Will have to see what happens then.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.