oldbridge official opening

Home Forums National Chat oldbridge official opening

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    happymumblemum
    Participant

Girls does anyone know when the official opening of the new Oldbridge visitor centre is?

scole1

it’s on tues but don’t know the time does anyone know the times its at?

rossylisa

yep its tuesday bertie is opening it 😀

Anonymous
    Inactive

I don’t know what time but we drove past Battle of the Boyne yesterday and the whole place was closed and cameras being set up everywhere so it looks like they are planning something huge.

Taylor5

It Tuesday, Bertie will be there and its his last offical job as PM.

I would love to know if its open to the public, one of my neighbours is the community garda, so might pop down and ask her if she knows any of the details

rossylisa

i tought it was friday and we went up the secruite fellah told us it was for the public but to get there early think it is at 11 or so

Taylor5

Rossy will you give me directions to Oldbridge house?

I only know how to get there from walking from the Battle of the boyne site and accross the fields IYKWIM
    Can you drive to the house and get parking?
    Im guessing that you would drive past townely hall/ curley hole and then take a left heading for Dowth, I know up that road on the left there is a bend in the road and I think there is a gateway there…… but really lost 😕 😕 😕 😕 😕

rossylisa

oh god taylor im s***e at given directions and dh was driving so i wasnt really looking ifykwim but it is near towney hall i remeber we went over a little bridge im useless sorry 😳 😆 will ask dh tomorow and let you know

Taylor5

I know the way you went, the battle of the boyne centre and display area is just over the bridge and now that I think about it there is a gate lodge and gates to the estate.
    Dont know if joe public will be allowed to park on the estate or will we mear mortals have to walk or push buggies 🙄
    Looking forward to it, might even see you there. I’ll be with Scole and her little fella, we will both be push or chasing two little brats 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆

happymumblemum
    Participant

forgot d is at montesorri this morning, not sure whether to pop down or not, think i am just gonna enjoy the peace at home and watch it live on rte at 11, will look out for you all !!!

Taylor5

Went out an was told to feck off as it was invite only. We couldnt get near the place so we settled for a walk in Townley Hall, which was fantastic. We found about 10 garda hiding in the forest, they had too many on duty and half of them were told to go and sit it out in townely hall 😆 😆 😆 😆

happymumblemum
    Participant

yeah i popped down in the end and couldnt get in either 🙁

Glad i hadnt promised dd to see Bertie orI would have been scaling a wall lol!! 😆 😆 😆

Taylor5

I pulled up and asked the garda at the barrier if there was public parking, he took the nose off me and shouted to the other garda who was answering me " Get that fucking car out of there" the Garda was just finishing his sentence to me and he shouted again " Get her f***ing out of here"………. so me being me I asked him with a "f*** you and I pay your wages" 😳 😳 😳 😳 Garda or not he wasnt going to speak to me like that 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆

MNG

Hi Girls ,

Taylor5,HMM,looks like you hav some adventure there even better than bertie on tv….

when i ask dh if he wants to go see bertie at the boyne he say its only for Big invited Officials i thought hes pulling my legs,,,,,,,

😆 😆 😆 😆 😆
    i hav to believe him now after you guys had describe it now 8)

Ian paisley sounds historic enough he goes on and on did you guys see theres a lady turning her neck rotatting in circle when hes going on and on like his speech too… 😆 😆 😳 ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, 😳

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.