Oisin’s dramatic arrival

Home Forums Pregnancy, Mums2Be, Birth, New Parents Oisin’s dramatic arrival

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Maria30

Hi all,

Baby Oisin arrived on the 22nd February in rather dramatic fashion with an unplanned homebirth!!!

I started getting contractions just after 8pm but they werent very painful or strong so I used my exercise ball, breathing and acupressure points to relieve the pain while myself and dh watched the football. At 10.15pm the pains got stronger and closer together so I decided to have a quick shower to freshen up and then head to the hospital.

After the shower the contractions were 2 mins apart and lasting 30secs so I rang the MLU while dh rang his mam to come in and mind the boys. While I was on the phone to the MLU my waters broke and they said to come straight in. Dh was going to go next door and ask a neighbour to mind the boys until his mam got there but he got half way down the hall when I called him back telling him I had to push. He started to panic and told me not to push yet to wait til we got to the hospital. I told him we wouldnt make it to hospital and to ring 999 for an ambulance.

Oisin was born on the kitchen floor about 10 mins after my waters broke and before the ambulance crew arrived. The 999 operator was even surprised at how quick he was born and he advised dh on cleaning the babys face and keeping him warm until the ambulance arrived.

My mother in law arrived a few mins after Oisin was born and just before the ambulance. She got the shock of her life when she walked down the hall and she heard a baby cry.The ambulance crew were great and very reassuring.

Myself, Oisin and dh then went to the hospital to get checked over. Oisin weighed 8lb 12ozs and is perfect in every way. All was well with me too but Dh was still in shock 2 days later but he has a great story to tell. All the midwives in the hospital were asking dh if he fancied a career change but he reckons he ll stick with fixing buses and trucks :lol: :lol: Oisin is now 15 days old and doing great.

It was an eventful delivery but it all happened so quickly that I didnt have time to panic or worry.

Anonymous
    Inactive

wow Maria,that is pretty dramatic alright.Congratultions, am very happy for you & that you are both healthy & well.thank god you werent home alone when it happened.

Mark Acu

😀 😀 😀

Told you it would be grand mind you all those episodes of One Born Every min must have certainly helped his level of skill out 8)

I would sign Mr Oisin up for a running class as soon as possible as it sounds like he arrived with a pair of runners on 😯

Maria I am so thrilled all went well for you and even more the way it happened as you worked well as a team and proved you can do it and have enormous strength.

Chat Soon

Mark

chewieodie
    Participant

Absolutely brilliant! LOVE reading stories like this! Congrats to all of you, and welcome to baby Oisin!

Jedt
    Keymaster

I was just asking about you yesterday Maria, I was thinking your baba was due around now!!

I bet when you were planning your birth that scenario was very far from your thoughts!! 😯

What a fantastic story though…I can imagine it must have been a bit scary for you but you sound like you got through it really well, you are a trouper!! And fair play to your hubby, thats amazing. He’ll be getting pinst bought for him for years for that one.

so happy for you all – and a great weight too!!

Well done and massive congratulations 😀 😀

Taylor5

Maria im roaring crying reading this…. im delighted for you all.

I was only driving past yours the otherday and i started to worry that we hadnt heard from you, thats a story for his 21st…. A housefull of boys, you will have to go again 😉 😆 😆 Joking!!!

Give yourself a few weeks and you will be back doing Zumba

julymam

Wow amazing story maria congrats and well done!!!

scole1

Great news what a story that’s amazing
    Congrats x

munchin
    Participant

holy god Maria that’s a delivery and half – well done both of you. That’s a brilliant story – welcome to the world baby Oisin (love his name too) xoxo

MaryE

Oh my God Maria, that is a fantastic story. Well done you, sounds like you handled it all amazing. Congrats to you all & welcome baby Oisin.

I havent herad of a baby arriving at home (unless planned) in a long time.

LouthMam

Congratulations Maria!
    That must have been quite scary but you and your DH sound like you handled it brilliantly.
    Delighted for you – I had a new DS too, on the 2nd Feb – he was 5 weeks yesterday. Very short labour (3rd baby) but I just about managed to get to OLOL, so I can only imagine how you felt.
    That’s hilarious about your MIL – what a surprise for her too!
    Welcome to the world baby Oisin.
    LM

beams

Ahhh Maria thats brilliant. Im laughing here just picturing your dh running down the hall saying dont push wait til the hospital !!!!! 🙄 Poor man – his face must have been priceless 😆 😆 Congratulations Maria – well done and Oisin is a beautiful name – hope to see you both on Rathmullan hill soon xxx

Taylor5

Ahhh Maria thats brilliant. Im laughing here just picturing your dh running down the hall saying dont push wait til the hospital !!!!! 🙄 Poor man – his face must have been priceless 😆 😆 Congratulations Maria – well done and Oisin is a beautiful name – hope to see you both on Rathmullan hill soon xxx

I know typical man!! 😆 😆 😆

Yvonne

Wow, what a birth story!!!

Congratulations to you all Maria! Delighted for you! xxx

trixiebell
    Participant

wow what a story, congrats maria :-):-):-)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.