Obs/Gynae suggestions pls for OLOL

Home Forums National Chat Obs/Gynae suggestions pls for OLOL

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    suzy21

Can you please suggest a good gynae/obs for OLOL . Also any idea on their recent prices.

Thank you all

S

Yvonne

Hi Suzy, I am currently attending Dr. Rosie Harkin, she is on the North Road – her fees this year are €2000….

noeleenw

hi i went to dr rabee on laurence street 2,400 for a c section

scole1

heard dr rabee is great…..can see her public too….

mammycool
    Participant

HI there,

I have 1st appt wit Dr Harkin this week – fees have actually gone up to 2500. I attended b4 with ds and she was brill – worth every penny

Yvonne

Thats a hefty increase for next year!!!

suzy21

Thanks ladies

What about scans – do any of these scan you in their practice or is it always necessary to go to the hospital.

Also are the scans included in there fees (if they do them)

Thks again

Sue

Yvonne

Dr. Harkin has scanned me every time I have been with her which is great! I did have to go to the hospital for the anomaly scan (the big one!), and they are all included.

munchin
    Participant

I was with Rabee in 2006 and at that time she didn’t scan you in her office (which i’ll admit i was a wee bit dissapointed with)

noeleenw

i was with dr rabee this year and i didnt get a scan at ecah appointment got one at 12 weeks and at 25 weeks in hospital , also had a bleed early on so had loads of scans then too all in hospital

I was with Dr Shane Higgins. A really lovely man who listens to his expectant Mums. It cost me €2400 4 months ago.

mammycool
    Participant

Hi there,

Dr Harkin scans every time. The scans are all included. The blood tests go through the hospital and you will get a bill for those – was about 26euro in 2007.

You can claim back your fees at the start of next year. Make sure you keep all your receipts – including prescriptions. You can either go online to http://www.revenue.ie or get a med 1 form from your Public health nurse. Depending on you circumstances ie. are you claiming for a family or single parent – the first 125 or 250 is paid by you but you can get the rest back. If you pay all before December – you should have your money back by March. If you pay some this year and the remaining next year – you will have to wait until the following January to claim that back.

noeleenw

my sister had dr shane h******* and was due at christmas he said he wouldnt be there for her delivery as it was at christmas – after she had paid him 1500 – she went public and guess who delivered her babs 😆 😆

suzy21

Thanks so much ladies for all your help – you’ve been great to give me so many replies 😀 I’ve a good idea now who to go to.

Sue

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.