o2 problem, can anyone help?

Home Forums National Chat o2 problem, can anyone help?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Hawkeye

A friend of mine is in dispute with o2 about a billing issue. They are trying to bill her for a large data download on one particular day which she is adamant did not occur. She is very aware of how many mb would be used up for various activities and can even pin point that the previous day, she used a small amount watching a sky news clip from the London riots. When she asks them what is it she is meant to have downloaded, they just say that due to the data protection act, they can not tell, yet they can bill her and not have to show what they are billing for?? :shock:

Anyone got any good contacts in o2 that may be able to help? Or any other suggestions?

Cheers :wink:

Taylor5

The same thing happened with my dh, he had a freak with them and said he DIDNT down load from his phone, if he downloads itune he does via his laptop or something like that, its cheaper or something…. he was on the phone for ages, he ended up saying he was getting in touch with Comreg….. needless to say the download fees were remove from his bill.

Hawkeye

Yeah, I suggested mentioning com reg and a few other bits. Main problem is, the people she is getting on phone and email don’t give a damn, they just fob her off. They’re saying she downloaded 790mb in one day! She is very tech savvy and knows there is no way she did! Frustrating.

mammycool
    Participant

What about emails? Depending on who you have your email account with, If you check your emails on your mobile, the data on the email is a download from a website. I fould out this the hard way – spent a fortune one month before I discovered that I had a massive download every time I looked at my email.

Taylor5

What about emails? Depending on who you have your email account with, If you check your emails on your mobile, the data on the email is a download from a website. I fould out this the hard way – spent a fortuneone month before I discovered that I had a massive download every time I looked at my email.

Same happened me when i moved to vodafone, im prepay so i found out after a few days when all my credit was gone!!!

Hawkeye

No, she hardly uses the emails on her phone. Her highest usage was in the run up to her wedding in June and that was nowhere near as high as they are claiming for one day last month. I’ve typed up a load of points for her to use, from com reg, to sale of goods act and a few other "threats" 😉 Hopefully, they will be enough, but it would be easier if someone had an o2 contact that would be sympathetic 😉

lellykelly

is it ComReg that are fobbing her off?

Hawkeye

No Lelly, it’s o2, she hasn’t got onto ComReg yet. Any suggestions?

lellykelly

http://www.askcomreg.ie/tell_us/complai … .51.LE.asp i know that they do take complaints seriously & would be surprised if they cant help 🙂

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.