Not to be missed

Home Forums Spot the Bargain Not to be missed

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Fabienne

This is a list of a few items that I’d like to sell to good homes.
    My children are growing and we need space and all….

They all are in good/very condition.
    Take a look at the pictures (click on the for bigger pictures) :

Reclining car seat (20 € ono)

children desk (15€ono)

Rocking horse (15€ono)

Jazzman CD holder (15€ono)

Children transat (2€ono)

A few more nice items (no picture available):

travel cot + fitted sheets (35€ono),
    Soft Squittles (still in bag, 7€ono),
    a pair of stair gates (7€ono) the kind you need to make a hole in wall, no extra step for the child,
    french butterfly(electyronic toy in butterfly shape that say and spell letters and basic words in french, 5€ono),
    mini books,
    Musical book, candles,
    foam floor puzzle (5€ono)
    potty training set,
    bluetooth headset (7€ono)
    steam iron morphy richards (5€ono)

I also have soft toys, and clothes, if you collect an item you’ll have a chance to look at them.

If I can’t sell them soon enough I’ll put them in the next charity bag i get through the door (not the best as not all those compagnies are genuine, but easier for me.

Hope you’ll find something that’ll catch your eye.

Fabienne.

Almae

fabienne

will u hold the childs desk for me , will exchange it for gel nails tomorrow if u like 🙂

alison

libby1
    Participant

I am interested in Reclining Car seat – What age is that for?

Where would i collect it from?

My BIL is coming home from Italy with baby 6 weeks old for hols – restricitions in aer lingus with baggage…. Would be great

Taylor5

Libby you Bil would have to have the baby in a rock a tot seat, think you can bring them on the flight….. would you could not sure if you can now. If you cant I have a rock a tot seat getting ready to go to the attic, you could have a loan of it for his holidays

Fabienne

Almae, deal done.
    Desk versus nails.

Libby1 car seat from birth to 4 years old.

I’m in Bettystown.
    I’ll pm you my details.

Fabienne.

Thanks all for interest.

Taylor5

Thats great the seat is from birth as dh just told me he put the stuff in the attic today and there is NO WAY he is taking it back down 🙄 😆 😆 😆 😆

joey_rudd

hi is the rocking horse still available, if so can i take it?
    thanks 🙂

Fabienne

Rocking horse still here.
    I’ll keep it for you joey_rudd
    I’ll pm you my details.

Taylor, I actually have more nice (next and all) boys clothes than I thought.

Talk soon.
    Fabienne

MNG

Hi Fabienne,

how are you and yr kids?

The charity bags that comes to your doorstep are all bogus ones..
    all they do is they take your bags and re-sell it in their home country.
    i can understand it can be abit troublesome for people however it is always better to donate to Real charity shops than those Bogus one thats claiming all the Profits to themselves.

u can always bring down your items into the Genuine charity shops
    theres one called Irish Cancer society at shop st

Taylor5

MNG Im ringing the womens refuge centre today, If they will take the kids clothes Im going to collect them and drop them in. I was thinking of your place but the last day I doubled parked on the footpath and had baby in car and the woman made me bring the bags to the back of the shop, I did ask could I leave them with her at the front as I new baby in the car, she just said "No"! 😯
    Very rude and she turned me off the place

Fabienne

So far, only the desk is gone. Option on rocking horse.
    Don’t hesitate to contact me if you have any questions.

The travel cot has an extra piece that allows you to have a new born higher, no need to bend up to the bottom to pick him up. Better for baby as well he can see more of what’s around.

I have a lot of french baby grow (full body pj) with special buttons to change nappie without undressing the child too much, just the legs.

I’ll try to get more pictures.

I know about the crapfake charity bags we get in mailbox. Did few trips to SVP charity in Drogheda, but I always store things at home for very long before I have a chance to go there with dh as I don’t let the kids in the car and not worth it to take them in and out the car just for a short run. So I usually don’t go 🙁

Fabienne

MNG

Hi Fabienne,

I can understand that too, its not always the case so easy to bring the bags in
    i was few times tempted to put into those bogus bags so easy but ICS makes me think twice 🙄
    i think the charity shops should come up with a plan to counter fake charity bags, where they are taking all the profits
    Its time they have plan B for collections. 🙄

Taylor5, im sorry you had such encounter next time you just hav to tell the person these bags are for donations leave them on the floor and you are entitled to leave anytime. especially you hav a child in the car and your already doing the charity shop a Big favour by bringing all the way from your hse and into the shop. 😳

i have seen other good donors too they just inform me its for donations and they start to leave bags on the floor and then me and another staff will help to carry into the back of the shop. 😉

i think the person is just sometimes being lazy. 💡

Taylor5

I know some people would be lazy and take advantage but I didnt want to leave M double parked outside and him only weeks old at the time, I would always leave my bags up the back….. never seen this woman before and other times I had to stop an older woman trying to carry the bag up the back for me as it was very very heavy.
    I will go back again as I do like to support the cancer shop, just hope the ould one is in better mood 😆 😆 😆

mammycool
    Participant

I always support the cancer shop and park in the loading bay in front of the church. They cannot really say anything cos you are unloading!!!!!

I heard ofa shop in Dunshaughlin that sells off your second hand clothes and takes a commission. I was thinking of bringing all my baby clothese there. I don’t know of any others that do that.

The bags that come to the door must have a license number to be legit – but I am sure they would print some crap and we would think they were legit. It is apparently a huge black market business – they even rob out of the clothes banks at night time!!!

opaljh

Hi All

I have 2 girls & like most of us I spoil mine rotten 😳 I’m always have bags of brand new toys to give away!! I always give mine up to the women’s refuge in drogheda they do be over the moon when they get donations! they also take clothes that are in good condition for both women & children! So please if ur thinking of decluttering,keep in mind the women’s refuge! 😉

P.S they would prefer if you phoned first obvisously for security reasons

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.