Nosebleeds

Home Forums National Chat Nosebleeds

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Moonflower

Can anyone share any experince of nosebleeds in their children…

My DS who is 2 has had the occasional nosebleed from just one nostril since he was small and fell off sofa and made his nose bleed…..

He had another one the other day when we were just sat quietly at home reading. We had been to Astrotots in morning and he seemed fine, then had this nosebleed……took him out for a walk a while later he fell over and started crying then his nose started again………

Is this normal enough in children??

Thanks
    Moonflower

Taylor5

Moonflower some people/kids can get bleeds if they have a low blood count etc…
    As you said he had a fall when he was younger and its only from one nostril I would guess that he has a weekness in a vein in his nose. Its very common if there has been trauma to the area, talk to your gp the next time you there. If there is a weekness its just burnt closed, its just like a cotton bud placed up your nose and it seals the vein.

Moonflower

thanks so much taylor…i am trying to be cool about it and not worry but its a niggle that concerns me….last time it happened he was in bed upstairs and I went up to check him……like i do loads of times during evening and it was like a horror scene he was sat up in bed covered in blood all over his face , arms and legs, bless him he had just kept trying to wipe it away himself and never cried for me or anything……was awful to find him like that……but again only the one nostril.

Taylor5

Ah god love him, not a nice way to find your baby 😥

If its a real worry and happen very often I’d pay a visit to the doctor, If its a once off thing well then wait for your next visit. But yeah, it sounds like a weakness in a vein as isolated to one side, its nothing major to sort out, its a bit sore but over in seconds.
    The poor little fella, my sister always had nose bleeds as a child and God would her nose bleed…. it can be very frightening at time.

Gismo

Hi moonflower,

Myself and my brother used to suffer from nose bleeds when young. My brother was way worse though and had to get a vessel lazered to stop them but he had them nearly every day. I got my tonsils out and they seemed to stop mine then. Its very common in young children so the fact your little fella got a knock is probably left his nose a little sensitive. HOpe he is better soon x

Moonflower

Thanks Gismo and Taylor, will run it by doc next time we go for check up.

Moonflower x

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.