Nice restaurant

Home Forums National Chat Nice restaurant

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author

Just wondering if anyone had a recommendation of where to go in Drogheda for a nice meal. Have been to the Boiled Onion a good few times (pre-dd) and always found that good but want to try somewhere different. I have heard the Eastern Seaboard is lovely so was thinking about there….thought I’d check on herefirst though. We don’t get out often (or at all if I’m honest) so want to go somewhere nice!

Thanks

Razzle Dazzle :D

scole1

scholars is nice really lovely food and they are doing a special too…..then you guys cold stroll down to the town and have a drink, or you could try romanza…dunno if still open…..or bella atina for italian food, that’s nice too also heard that la vida tapas bar on the quays is nice too…..

enjoy

Taylor5

Scholars is very nice the hotel is lovely but its very formal and kinda stuffy, nice if thats what your looking for. Was there a while ago and I didnt enjoy it just as I wanted a more relaxed evening, not all please and thank you and nicey nicey…

Eastern Seaboard is lovely but books up very very fast was talking to a woman who was looking for a table for 10 on a Saturday, they told her she would have to wait 3 weeks 😯 Now thats a good sign if you ask me!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Just back from lunch at Eastern Seaboard, OMG there mash is to die for!!! I nearly only go for that!

beams

If your into Italian – you can’t beat a romantic night in D’Vine restaurant – down the side of the abbey shopping centre. It lives up to its name mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm devine! 😆

hjs

Romanza terrific, bottom of stockwell st (where supervalu is) and turn left.

And don’t u get a discount if u mention mumstown?

Sinprey

i second dvine .nly been once but even thou v small menu food delish.cant wait to go back when i can njoy the wine too.scholars nice enuf mean portion veg . eastern seaboard nice but last time i was there service v slow and mix up with bills but that can happen anywhere.lovethe pizzas in pizzeria but place bit old.and if u like your dessert not great. jeez i have to go and eat something now all this talk of food

ed1
    Participant

If you would like a good chinese try Tangos….its lovely. For Italian you cant beat La Pizzeria. The Black Bull is lovely too.

I am not a lover of the Eastern Seaboard. Its nice but I would not be rushing back to it.

If you like indian Indus in Bryanstown Cross Route is delicious. And for Chinese Tangos.

Jedt
    Keymaster

Romanza is beautiful, great food, lovely atmosphere. They do a fab early bird menu from 4-7pm, 7 days a week but the best time to go is Fri or Sat night when they have a piano player and singer.

Its really lovely….I have a hankering to go there now!!!

Waffy1

Ohh romanzas so lovely on a Sat night is right ! the atmosphere is lovely with the music. eastern Seaboard also georgous. Have overdosed on it tho as work next door & live about a 8 min walk away. Tooooooo convenient!

Anonymous
    Inactive

hi,
    I love the Eastern Seaboard and is very reasonable but you need to book in advance so if ever you get a chance for lunch you dont have to book and then can see menu and sample and see if you would like to come back at night.
    The Salthouse is excellent for really fresh food, good craic and music on a weekend night.
    d’vines menu got much better recently 3 courses for around 21/22 euro.
    Enjoy your night!!

waawoo

why not venture a little out of town and head to relish in bettystown, lovely food, reasonable prices and great service. again it is prop better to book ahead.

Taylor5

yeah the food in the black bull is lovely… forgot about the Salthouse only ever heard good reports

Thanks a million for the tips girls….looks like we’ll be spoilt for choice 😀

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.