Newry!

Home Forums National Chat Newry!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Taylor5

Girls i dont shop up north but need to get a few xmas things, so im going to hmv in newry for ps3… im getting the boys christened and they need new shoes etc… any of the die hard northern shoppers know if its cheaper to buy your shoe up north…. please help as im trying to save as much money as possiable.
    Trying to buy ps3 for dh out of my own money and as a SAHM thats not much…. dont want to use his lazer to buy his xmas gift iykwim, i want it to be from me.

Any tips, would i get a better rate using lazer or should i bring cash? What would be the best day to go? im sure Saturday is a no no……

Thanks girls

Yvonne

I find that everything is much cheaper up there… when you pay with laser or credit card you get the bank rate whereas the store rate can be alot less..

noeleenw

io bought ds shoes in little piggy shoes beside the quays in newry and they where £45 i think they might be cheaper here

rcole

Not all of the shops up in Newry take Laser.
    Your card will have to have the Maestro sign on you Laser card or it won’t be accepted.

If you have a Visa card that is the best card to use as the rate is the best on the day, and they all accept it.

missysmum

Hi Taylor,
    we always use visa, its most convienient and good rates etc. so if you have one and its not nearly maxed out like mine bring it! also your instincts are good on the saturday thing, tues,wed am aren’t bad. you’ll struggle for parking on the saturday big time and if you’re doing sainsburys u may even have to wait for a trolly, sounds like you’re after other stuff though so the other shops may not be too bad, not sure. overall mid week is better especially if you’re bringing the boys with you. its less hectic. we normally just go to the two centres and come home, sometimes just even the quays!
    hth

ciarac

Hi Taylor

Best card to use is Visa/mastercard, and not laser as with a laser you have a charge for everytime you use it, like 2.5€ or something so best thing is visa unless you get a good rate in the bank for cash, or you can take out cash from pass machine in the the quays but again you would have a charge on the withdrawl, and again you have to have the Maestro option on your card.
    Piggy’s shoe shop isn’t any cheaper, think all the shops in newry have got really expensive over the last year, and to be honest are torture to go shopping in most of the time.
    There is a clarks shop in the buttercrane, so they are probably cheaper than clarkes here if thats any help?
    price the psp in smyths in newry online, they are doing lots of offers at the mo on those

Taylor5

Not all of the shops up in Newry take Laser.
    Your card will have to have the Maestro sign on you Laser card or it won’t be accepted.

If you have a Visa card that is the best card to use as the rate is the best on the day, and they all accept it.

Hi rcole… Thanks for the Advice. i just cleared my cc over the weekend, so the thoughts of putting anything onto it would kill me, I dont know my pin 😯 Better get that sorted before the trip up.

Thanks girls on the Shoes, i might just get them down here, i dont like clarks it was startrite I would be looking for.
    Missymum i was going to be bringing the boys so a weekday prob tthe best.
    Thanks again

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.