newly pregnant mammies??

Home Forums Pregnancy, Mums2Be, Birth, New Parents newly pregnant mammies??

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 102 total)
  • Author
    duckiedoo

hey Duckiedoo, 6 weeks is very early for a heartbeat to be visible so try not to worry too much – every day makes a big difference at this stage so in a weeks time, things should be much clearer hopefully. I had a scan at 7 weeks on my 3rd pregnancy and it showed a small heartbeat and they said this would prob not have been visible before then – as it was still early days.

The good news right now is its not ectopic so now you just have to try not to worry until you go back next week. (difficult I know but try to relax as much as you can…) The older equipment can be a bit rubbish too so may well not pick a heartbeat until 7-8 weeks.

Enjoy spending time with your aunt and with all the reassuring feelings you are having, like your boobs getting bigger etc. hopefully it will all be grand for you.

Best of luck!!

duckiedoo

Hey hey
    am wondering if there are any newly pregnant mammies logging on?? Am just 5 weeks pregnant after having ectopic and tube removed last oct….so i am pretty chuffed. Am having early detection scan on the 9th aug as risk of another ectopic is high, but until i know different doctor says to treat as normal viable pregnancy. Until the 9th i have told no1 cept hubbie…..so would love to have some1 to chat to 😛

Jedt
    Keymaster

Hi Duckiedoo,

Congrats on your pregnancy, thats great. Can understand you may be bit nervous but its highly likely you will be fine and all will go well on this pregnancy.

I was just chatting with a mum a few weeks back who had difficult ectopic pregnancy and was told she had a 1 in 8 chance of another one but when she got pregnant everything was fine and she went on to have a gorgeous little daughter – she had her with her at the time, so it was nice to see it can all work out well.

Best of luck with your scan, let us know how you get on. Once you get that over you can really start enjoying your pregnancy, its such a wonderful time 🙂

duckiedoo

Hi Sabbi

i thanked you for your reply on cat on hot tin roof, sound advice, still finding my way around here, i know once i get the early scan over i will be grand, i have 3 kids 10-5yrs and had a lovely time being pregnant with them, but since the birth of my Dd was years ago i feel like a novice again and i guess the eptopic kinda threw me a bit. Didnt realise until then how much i took my healthy pregnancies for granted!! 😯

trixiebell
    Participant

hi duckiedoo, congrats on your pregnancy!

I am 14 weeks pregnant, number 4 for us! And I too had an ectopic pregnancy @ 7 weeks (though I didnt get the tube removed, it was my 2nd pregnancy) and then went on to have two babies since and one more on the way!

I went to the EPU on the pregnancy after the ectopic, and was nervous but thankfully everything was fine. I know you will be nervous, but you will be fine, try not to worry, and its not too far away for the scan.

Let us know how you get on xx

duckiedoo

Thanks trixiebell becoming more and more reassured with each good each post!! So glad that i joined now. Will keep you’s updated 😀

Huge Congrats!

I have no experience with your specific situation so no advice to offer – however – I would prescribe to the thinking that its best to (try!!!) relax and assume all is going well and baby is growing normally unless there is a reason to worry.

Best of luck and congrats again!

Jedt
    Keymaster

Trixie – congrats, thats amazing news!! You are such a natural, there will be no bother on you with 4 little ones! That’s such lovely news.

Duckiedoo, just try to relax and enjoy it as much as you can. I have had 2 miscarriages and 3 healthy pregnancies and you are right, it is easy to take the healthy pregnancies for granted but chances are much higher you’ll be fine on this one, especially as you have 3 kiddies already, so try not to worry.

Enjoy it ladies, its a wonderful time. I loved being pregnant each time, it was such a nice experience (apart from the morning sickness LOL!!) but I would go again at the drop of a hat. I may be joining this ‘newly pregnant mammies’ thread soon if I keep on thinking like this!!

Better make sure my hubby not reading this or he’ll throttle me 😀 😀

Keep us posted duckiedoo and try not to worry. Get yourself off for a haircut or massage if you can – treat yourself, very least you deserve!!

duckiedoo

Haha Sabbi, jump on board!!! One more wont make any difference!!! I started in my early 20’s and this last few years when i thought i was finished with the 3 three i have, all my friend’s got married and started having kids for me too coo and caa over, and made me sooooo broody……lol. I think perhaps if you are maternally minded the broodiness probably never leaves you.

Massage booked for friday 😛 😛 😛

Taylor5

Ah feck it feeling a bit left out…… might come and join you guys too 😉 😉 😉 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆

happymumblemum
    Participant

Huge Congrats Trixie..!!!!!
    And all the other mammies to be of course

Taylor5

HMM you could join this group too… 😆 😆 😆

Congrats on your pregnancies Duckiedoo and Trixie xx I’m preggers too…nearly 19 weeks now (Christmas baby). I hope all goes well with your pregnancy Duckiedoo 🙂

duffyaudrey

Hi duckiedoo,

Congrats on your pregnancy and I am sure everything will go OK this time round for you!! I am newly pregnant also with my first baby, I will be 7 weeks on Saturday and I am very nervous. The 9th Aug is not too far away now and will out you more at ease. Am debating whether to get an early scan myself but they told me they wont do it until I am 8 weeks which is a pity, I would be more relaxed if I get it done now…..

Keep in touch and best of luck!!

duckiedoo

All this clucking is amazing!!!! DuffyAudrey there is just aweek between our pregnancies then, you must be soooo excited with your first on the way!!! Congratulations!!! No 9th not too far away now, am trying to content myself until then, yes hard to beat peace of mind, you will be very lucky to be scanned at 8 weeks, you’d have to wait 16 weeks at my hospital unless you had problems before then, which i think is too long really!!!

I know i wont see much on the 9th and maybe not even a heartbeat will show but as long as womb not empty i be content !! 😛 😛 😛

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 102 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.