Newbie-Hi to all x

Home Forums Mayo Chat Newbie-Hi to all x

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Judi

Hi to all you mammys out there :D

I’m Judi, married and mom to 2 fab boys, 10yrs and youngest will be 4yrs on 21st of this month. (not sure if big gap was a good idea LOL). If this second fella came first WELL!! HA HA. Living in Mayo since 2000, after moving from Lancashire. Hubby from Connemara and my family- Mayo roots.

Came across this site advertised on Facebook, so thought that looks interesting, i’ll check it out. Be great to meet and chat with other SAHMs, and swap and share ideas.

Just one to get you started, anyone had one of their little darlings late coming out of Nappies :?:

Hope to hear from you,
    Cheers :!: Blessings
    Judi x

libby1
    Participant

Welcome to Mumstown

I am from Drogheda – i am married with two children boy aged 10 and girl aged 7, Thank God i am out of nappies about 4 years now…

I work 4 days a week – i couldn’t stay at home…..

Hope you enjoy Mumstown – you meet greet people here with loads of ideas and experiences that we share.

Talk soon
    😆 😆 😆

kcireland

Hi Judi … nice to meet a Mayo Mum!
    I have a girl who is 11 … not sure if boys go through the same stuff … but we are definetely into the next stage of life;)
    Looking forward to hearing more about Mayo
    KC

Judi

Welcome to Mumstown

I am from Drogheda – i am married with two children boy aged 10 and girl aged 7, Thank God i am out of nappies about 4 years now…

I work 4 days a week – i couldn’t stay at home…..

Hope you enjoy Mumstown – you meet greet people here with loads of ideas and experiences that we share.

Talk soon
    😆 😆 😆

Hey Libby,
    Thanks for the reply, it was a lovely surprise. Yep, thought i would find staying at home a little strange, as I have always worked, even when i had the first fella. But was poorly for a while,so thought i would take a little time out, and i have to say, i don’t know how i had the time to work full-time before.
    After having my second boy, i was at work again with 3 months, it was a bit tiring!!! Will go back working at some stage, but may be part-time.
    What kind of work are you in?? I am in caring profession, it’s what i’ve always done, the old folk, great i love it.
    Hope to hear from you again, take care 😀
    Judi x

Judi

Hi kcireland,
    Thanks for the reply, Where are you from?? My oldest fella coming up to 11 in June. He’s a great lad though. Have you got Confirmation this year?? We have in April, doesn’t seem long since he was christened! 😉
    Mayo, great. Love living here and it so great for the kids. It’s a bit different from where i was brought up though, as that was terraced houses and a city! Of course there was those who thought me a townie wouldn’t settle, but it’s my hubby that could go back in a flash, and he from here!!!!
    Couldn’t imagine the kids settling there either, they wouldn’t have the freedom for playing like they have here.
    So, looking forward to hearing from you again.
    Take care Judi x

libby1
    Participant

Hey Libby,
    Thanks for the reply, it was a lovely surprise. Yep, thought i would find staying at home a little strange, as I have always worked, even when i had the first fella. But was poorly for a while,so thought i would take a little time out, and i have to say, i don’t know how i had the time to work full-time before.
    After having my second boy, i was at work again with 3 months, it was a bit tiring!!! Will go back working at some stage, but may be part-time.
    What kind of work are you in?? I am in caring profession, it’s what i’ve always done, the old folk, great i love it.
    Hope to hear from you again, take
    Judi.

Well Judi… Yes i stayed off for 6 months with both kids..
    Well i work 4 days a week,, i took Parental Leave on a Friday and never went back . .Although some weeks it is difficult walking away from the work side.
    I enjoy my friday off’s.. I do plan to go the gym… but hardly get there…

Yes, i work in the caring area too. i am Team Leader in a Training Centre for Adults with Intelllectual Disability.. I really love this, there is never two days the same..

I also do a lot of voluntary work too . I am Chairperson of the local Special Olympics Club..

I also do Mum’s Taxi and help out with my Kids Activities… Like all Mam’s

I love the west of Ireland – if i win the lotto would buy a house in Galway, i just love it…..

Talk soon.
    Libby

lucyc

😀 hi all , lucy here, i have the joy of having a 14(going on 25) beautiful daughter and twin boys that are nearly ten oh my god help, they are just somting else, the lads drive her mad, !!! any ideas for a birthday present for her its coming up next week and we havent a clue, she wants a shopping trip to dublin but thats not happening!!!

ShaPai1010

Hi. I just registered today and was reading your post. I have just moved here (well Feb) from Teesside. Its a bit different to where I come from. In a very very very good way. I really like it here so far.

I have a little boy. He is 19 weeks old. He was born less than 3 weeks after we moved here.

Any advice you have on any mum and baby groups or groups to generally meet people would be great as I am starting to feel abit lonely with husband being at work all day and all the family have visited now.

Jedt
    Keymaster

Hi Judi,

Welcome to Mumstown….

There is lots to do on here…..there are local events in each county so you can see what’s going on in your area (check out Mayo chat for that) and also, if you start chatting in Mayo chat, you’ll hopefully start chatting with some other Mayo parents.

If you look across the top tool bar you’ll see an an ‘ask the expert’ section where you can ask questions to the pregnancy & birth expert, the vet, legal experts, financial experts and soon there will be a gardener to help us all look after our patios, or gardens if we want to grow flowers or even veg!

Check out the ‘Spot the bargain’ section too, loads to browse through in there. I’m loving ‘clothesline.ie’ at the moment, getting some lovely clothes for a steal for my 3 little ones, I have a boy 7, girl 5 and another girl 3. If the 3 year old had come first she would be an only child – she is nuts!!

Enjoy the chatting and hopefully, you will start chatting with some other Mayo parents in the Mayo chat section and you can arrange to get together locally for a cuppa soon.

Happy chatting 😀 😀

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.