Newbie…. Going for IVF 1st time

Home Forums Introduce Yourself Newbie…. Going for IVF 1st time

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    shivels

Hi There

Just discovered this site yesterday while searching IVF related articles. My hubby and I attended the welcome meeting in the HARI unit last night and was amazed at the amount of couples attending. Although for some it might be their second time. But for me and my DH it was a step up in the right direction for us, from the public waiting list in the Rotunda to finally getting somewhere. We are together 7 years and 2.5 years we’ve been there lucky to get an appointment every 6 mths. But for us it has been a rollercoaster. I became pg in Nov 07, but unfortunately had a ectopic a few weeks later where I had my left tube removed. But I picked up the pieces and hoped for positive results month after month., up until now. Tried clomid, it didn’t work, well it didn’t agree with me either, I hated it. Wondered if anyone else out there ever used it and felt the same? Had scans done, dye in tubes all came back fine. DH sa results from before were fine. Had a fresh test done last week so waiting to see what the result will be. For me, someone who was never on the pill for longer than a month always wanted kids from a young age and to find a man who also longed for the same is a bonus. Either way we will always be the favourite auntie & uncle and we have each other. So here we are 3 years married yesterday, hoping that this treatment will be a success, if not we’ll just get back in the saddle and ride on (no pun intended). We’ll find the money from somewhere. We’re lucky to have a supportive family who will help us and obviously see this a benefit to them also. Does anyone have any recommendations for holistic treatments or advice on what to do prior to starting the treatment. I live the Balbriggan area. Anyone been through this before or about to start have any tips to share? I have a friend who has been through this but unfortunately had to abandon the treatment as she wasn’t responding to her meds. She’s been 10 years ttc and like me had an ectopic many years ago. She is now looking at other methods of fertility treatment (egg donation). Even though we share advice, I don’t want to be bombarding her with my woes. I look forward to hearing from anyone who has any advice or suggestions :)

hjs

Hey, welcome to the site, u’ll find loads of support here…

Did you go on the conception section yet? Go onto mumstown chat, mumstown goes national and then scroll thru topics til u c conception, fertility multiples and adoption or somthing like that it’s called. Something on there recently about NaPro now being in Navan, do you know about that? Sorry, dunno where u r!

HTH!

shivels

Hi hjs

Thanks for the info. I have heard of NaPro before, its the less evasive version of IVF, learning more about your body and how it works, .ie tracking your period every month, charting temp and check your cm. But as it was in Galway so it was a no go regarding the travel. Thats good that its in Navan, not a million miles away. I live in Balbriggan, although it seems to be out in the sticks Im only 25 miles from city centre. The back roads to Navan would be about 40min or so drive. I will look into that thread. I have thought of looking at other alternatives if IVF doesn’t work. I’m not a big fan of synthetic drugs and don’t fancy pumping my body with them for too long, but I am willing to give anything a go first.

hjs

And acupuncture and Hopi-ear candling? guess u’ve tried both? but I have heard of numerous women becoming pg after these, when they trying and not! Usuallly they being traeted 4 other things like for stopping smoking etc? sure that thread will be enlightening 4 u.

Best of luck!

amarie40

Welcome to the site , & I hope all works out well for you
    amarie40

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.