New SAHM in Drogheda

Home Forums Introduce Yourself New SAHM in Drogheda

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Bri_Bear

Hi Girls,

Chantelle’s the name and I’m new here!!
    My Hubby and I are originally from South Africa. We were living in Swords for the last 5 years and only recently moved to Drogheda (love it here)

I was made redundant at the beginning of the month and as a result I’m now a SAHM to my nearly three year old daughter, Brianna. I love being at home with her but to be honest I’m terrified. I’ve wanted to stay home for ages now but now that I am I’m worried I’m goanna make a mess of it – any of you feel like that??

Anyway, iv never done on line chatting or been to a mother & toddler group so I would love to join you at the next event….

Taylor5

Hello and welcome to the site, Drogheda is a great place and lots to do for SAHM…. there are a few SA girls on here
    Happy posting and good luck with the SAHM bit… you will be surprised how busy you’ll be

chewieodie
    Participant

Howzit Chantelle! 😉

Welcome to the site… you are going to be SO glad you joined. There are quite a few South African Moms who are on the site, and who get together at the various events during the month.

I’ve been in Ireland for 4 1/2 years…. after school in PE and life thereafter in Jhb…. so where in SA do you hail from?

I’ve got a 4yr old boy, and a 2 1/2 yr old girl…. and also a SAHM…. makes a BIG change from Corporate life in SA!

liz

HI BRI B welcome to the site. god i wish i had been so clever when i became a stay at home mum 11 years ago to reach out and look for support i think it says to me your of to a great start already.
    Best bit of advice i can give is to enjoy it in any way that you can.i know for me its the simple things that make it enjoyable like when the bigger kids are at school and me and the babe go for a coffee he loves a double esspresso 😆 only kidden or the fri morn swim in bettystown give yourself plenty of things to look forward to in the week and youll be happy out,look forward to seeing you at one of the events in the new year x

hjs

Welcome welcome welcome!

It’s great to have you on board, there are lots of exciting things happening with MT in 2010, fab that you’ll be part of them!

You’ll adapt fine to being sahm, as as has been said, you are defo going about it the right way by making new connections. Would you be able to come along to one of the Bagel Bar mornings in Drogheda or Swords on 12th or 14th Jan? They are a geat way to meet new folks and someone would always meet you beforehand if you didn’t fancy going in on you own?

Looking forward to seeing and chatting with you more in the future!

Bri_Bear

Hey Girls,

Ah, thanks for the responses, I’m already feeling a lot more relaxed!!
    Well chewieodie I’m from JHB (Bryanston), and yes, it’s a BIG change but for the better… We were there in 08 and I was screaming to get back to Ireland.
    I’d love to come to the Bagel Bar mornings in Drogheda, is that the one on the January 12th? My Mum is coming over from SA on that day so I’d not be able to make that one but I could come to the Swords one on the 14th. Do you girls stay in one area or would you move around between Swords and Drogheda?

Thanks a mill for making me feel so welcome you’ve definitely eased the nerves.

Oh, one thing, how will I know when and where these events are? Do you just “chatâ€

missysmum

Hi there and welcome to mumstown!

its a great place to chat and meet people and i look forward to meeting you soon at one of the events. you’ll be surprised at how busy you’ll be being a SAHM, its probably the best job in the world!

there is normally a thread dedicated to each meet up so look out for it in the chat forums, next one in drogheda is the 12th i think, and also coffee on fri mornings in bettystown, havent been to that one myself yet but its on my to do list for the new year!

happy chatting!

Pastela

Hi Chantelle

Welcome to Mumstown. I am also a South African, been in Ireland exactly a year to day.

I still deciding whether a summer or winter Christmas is better. Following this icy spell we have recently a little warm sun would be good.

Being a SAHM is quite challenging (mentally).

Looking forward to meeting you at one of the events

😀

hjs

Girls, sorry, dunno where my head was, the Bagel bar meet on 14th is in DUNDALK, not Swords…

These coffe mornings usually take place on first tues (drog) and 1st thus (dundalk), and there is also a fist tuesday club at Scotch Hall that’s worth a look too.

HTH!

Bri_Bear

Hi Chantelle

Welcome to Mumstown. I am also a South African, been in Ireland exactly a year to day.

I still deciding whether a summer or winter Christmas is better. Following this icy spell we have recently a little warm sun would be good.

Being a SAHM is quite challenging (mentally).

Looking forward to meeting you at one of the events

😀

Hey,

Oh defo, winter Christmas is much better!! Fire crakling all that rich food and the snow/sludge 😉

Agree its very challenging, iv noticed im getting a bit snappy with her so i have to watch myself 😳

Jedt
    Keymaster

Hi Chantelle,

Welcome to mumstown!! The way you feel is how I felt when I was made redundant and all of a sudden I was a SAHM. I was worried I would make a complete mess of it but guess what – most mums in this situation feel the same way!!

We all worry and here on Mumstown you can share your worries and happiness and know you are not the only one feeling the way you do.

We have a coffee morning next Tuesday 12th Jan in Bagel Bar, downstairs in the Laurence town centre where M&S is and you are most welcome. (Parking is free too for Mumstown mums & dads) There will be some other ZA mums there so you’ll be in familiar company!

We have another get together in Dundalk on Jan 14th, again in the Bag bar, in the marshes and then on the 22nd, we are going out for a girls night out. No babies, just cocktails and a bit of fun.

We would love you to come along. There are always new mums at events so you won’t be the only one and I promise we are a friendly bunch!

Looking forward to meeting you and in the meantime – Happy chatting!!

Siobhan

Bri_Bear

Hi Siobhan,

Thanks, it helps to know that I’m not the only one feeling like this…

I won’t be able to make the 12th as Mum is over from SA (landing in the morning) so I will come along to the one in Dundalk one Jan 14th (with Mum – if that’s OK???)

And i would never pass up the opportunity to have a few drinks so im in for the 22nd :mrgreen:

Chants

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.