New Penneys???

Home Forums Louth Chat New Penneys???

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Sherbert

Hi all

Im just wondering if anyone has heard if there is going to be a Penneys in the new shopping centre due to open in November beside Grange Rath???

Jenny!!!

no i didnt hear that? wonder will there be that woul be handy.

ed1
    Participant

I hope there is, jeez that would be great.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’ve only seen that on here. Is it true that another Dunnes is opening there? Would be strange to have 3 Dunnes and 2 Penneys so close together!

Taylor5

Dont forget Pennies in Grangerath if there is one opening, it will be more for East Meath and North County Dublin IYKWIM….
    Cant wait for the two new tesco stores to open the one on the donore road will be huge, about the same size as clare hall

noeleenw

there’s a massive tesco in slough in england sister in law lives beside it i love it . its brill , whenwill the one on donore rd be opening

Taylor5

I think it will be somewhere near lidl, but not 100%. I did read last year there would also be a tescos petrol station but there was nothing about that in last weeks papers….. would love it if there was a petrol station as you get 5 cents a Ltr if you do you shopping in Tescos

Anonymous
    Inactive

Yip, it’s supposed to be St Mathews lane (I think) which it that Lidl road. There is the huge bit of ground there but it was up for lease not that long ago – way after the rumour about Tesco were going around. I’m holding thumbs. We lived near a huge one in New Malden in London and it was brilliant!

Dinomum

I think Dunnes are the anchor tenant in the new grange rath centre, looks like its going to be huge!! Mind you, while it will be handy to get to, they will need new paths along the Dublin Rd to attract pedestrians from the nearby estates, cos that road is v unsafe..

Sherbert

Yes i have to agree with you there! The paths or lack of.. coming out of Stameen, Five Oaks and Deepforde are pathetic! They will have to put some proper paths in on both sides. You cant even walk down the road without having the fear of god put in you, the drivers seem to forget its a 50kph zone!!!!!!!!!

Taylor5

I know there is a huge delay with the residents from stameen looking for a huge wall if a footpath is put in behind theie house, I remember reading that the wall would cost almost double the budget for the footpath. I dont understand this attuide as people walk on the grass at the back of their houses at the moments

Sherbert

Yeh well i can see their point i suppose, it is pretty open! Why they were built like that in the first place is beyond me! Even if they put a footpath on the other side of the road, at least it gives people the option of walking to the shopping centre as opposed to driving there.

Taylor5

They couldnt put a footpath on the otherside of the raod as it would affect the road layout and cost much more.
    They dont just want a normal wall or a fence as the council had in the plans, as far as I know its a granite wall that would cost about 100k 😯

Taylor5

They couldnt put a footpath on the otherside of the raod as it would affect the road layout and cost much more.
    They dont just want a normal wall or a fence as the council had in the plans, as far as I know its a granite wall that would cost about 100k 😯

Jenny!!!

HI ALL I HEARD THAT DUNNES ARE PULLING OUT OF SCOTCH HALL AND DEBENHAMS ARE GOING IN THERE INSTEAD. I ALSO HEARD THAT BT2’S AND ZARA ARE COMING TO GRANGERATH, HEARD ABOUT A FEW MORE SHOPS BUT CANT REMEMBER COS WAS A BIT TIPSY. 😳 😳

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.