New Mum in Drogheda

Home Forums Introduce Yourself New Mum in Drogheda

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    taraxx

Hi All

Finally signed up to this fab site!
    I am a new mum living in Drogheda. Baby is 10 weeks today :D Just wondering if there are any mother and baby groups in Drogheda as I would love to meet some other new mums. I have been in Drogheda 3 and 1/2 years but most of my friends are in Dublin and working. Would be great to meet some ladies locally!

Thanks a million :)

Hi Taraxx,

Congrats on your new baby and welcome to Mumstown! I think Scole posted something about a weekly mother and baby morning on the site recently and there is a Mumstown morning in the Bagel Bar, Lawrences St. Shopping Centre the first Tuesday of every month. I work fulltime myself so not a great source of info re. current mother & baby events but I’m sure the other girls will point you in the right direction.

HTH

Razzle Dazzle

pookie2

Congrats also & welcome!

Not sure if you have a car, but there’s a mum and baby group in Duleek –
    or at least there was. I think it is associated with the Health Centre. Also if you are a nursing mum, they meet up in the Marshes in Dundalk on Wednesdays (upstairs in Costas, about 11 – as far as I know). Used to anyway. Very important to get out and about. Am a blow in to the area as well, so know how you feel. Also Mumstown get together in Marshes and in Drog about one a month. Also check out play centres, ie Pirates Den in Dundalk. They often have a mum and toddler morning once a week. Mum and baby swim classes and pilates classes or baby massage classes are also a great way to get to meet people. Good luck! Be sure to let me know if I can help you in any way 😀

suzieQ

Congrats on the baby.

The mother and baby group in the laurences centre is suppose to be lovely. i’m far too shy to go to anything like that but my mum is constantly saying how wonderful it is so maybe give it a shot!!!
    good luck!

Maria30

Hi,

Congrats on the baby and welcome to the site. There is a mother and baby group in Teach Mhuire on the Dublin rd (beside Flowers by Susan). Its on Wednesday and Fridays from 10am to 12 and costs €2, you ll get a cuppa and a nice chat. I went on Wednesday for first time and met lovely, friendly mams.

Maria

taraxx

thanks a million all! I think i’ll give teach mhuire a visit on wednesday so may see you there !! 😀

Maria30

Tara,

Great, see you there on Wednesday. You can drop in anytime between 10am and 12.

Maria

chewieodie

Hi Taraxx

Congrats! The joys of being a new mom! 😉
    Welcome to Mumstown, there are loads of get togethers with the gals on site… just come along and meet some new folk, we are a pretty friendly bunch!

taraxx

Thanks all. I went along today and it was lovely! Loking forward to when my litle one can play with the others!

Nadine

Maria30

Hi Nadine,

It was nice to meet you today. Your baby is so cute and so good.

See you soon,

Maria

mob

Hi All

Finally signed up to this fab site!
    I am a new mum living in Drogheda. Baby is 10 weeks today 😀 Just wondering if there are any mother and baby groups inDrogheda as I would love to meet some other new mums. I have been in Drogheda 3 and 1/2 years but most of my friends are in Dublin and working. Would be great to meet some ladies locally!

Thanks a million 🙂
    Hi there just joined this site myself can relate to you living in Drogheda
    5 years originally from dublin eager to meet new friends too. Hope to chat soon!

Jedt

Hi Girls,

There are monthly get togethers on children’s allowance day, the 1st Tuesday of the month at Laurence Town Centre and Scotch Hall, both in Drogheda.

The Laurence Town Centre one is at 10am, Bagel bar. It has play area, changing room, free parking, free nibbles, special offers and sometimes nice gifts forparents too.

The Scotch Hall one is at 2pm and has free parking, free arts & crafts, special offers in the shops, cafes and Gymboree 2 for the price of 1 on the day too.

You can spend long as you like in each centre, parking free to Mumstown members all day! Next events, Tuesday 1st June.

In meantime, there is a weekly baby swim in Bettystown Court Hotel at 10am every Friday morning, only 5 euro and then tea/coffee scones afterwards for 2.95. Some parents do both, some just come for tea & chat.

Hope that helps 😀

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.