New layout- what do you think?

Home Forums Louth Chat New layout- what do you think?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 55 total)
  • Author
    trixiebell
    Participant

well what do ya think of the new layout? It’ll take a while to get used to it, but im sure like the last time a few years ago when it changed we will get used to it soon enough..

trixiebell
    Participant

and the post count and joined date are back!

yummymummy

Aw its wrecking my head but like ya said ill get used to it and forget about how it looked the old way hahaha

joey_rudd

took me awhile to remember my password to get into it again
    hopefully it won’t be long before we get used to the new layout…it looks nice though

happymumblemum
    Participant

will get used too..but no I don’t like it at all.

Same as Weddings Online can hardly use that any more since they changed it

Yvonne

Not mad about it at all… but we were the same when it was changed before, so hopefully we will get used to it soon.

jeanette

its ok, just have to get use to it!
    it feels like the font is the wrong size or something
    too big and how do i pm ? post reply-control panel?
    jnett

Martina
    Participant

I think it looks really well, but there is so many graphics and colours it takes ages for each page to load…. but thats probaly my 1940’s computer, lol

angelmum

dont ike it at all

Fabienne

not sure,
    I still post on it, but I read less post… good thing I’ll spend less time on it.

Fabienne

Fabienne

Wanted to add a comment to my previous post, but can’t edit it to add it…..

I like the fact that you can have the post by the most recent first but you have to tick a box at the bottom, so it’s the same, have to go trhough the whole list of post before you can ask for most recent.
    So you’re already at the latest post so doesn’t worth to tick the box as you’re on it already 😕

Could we have the initial post in green or a special colour then all the posts with most recent first?
    Not even sure that’s a good idea. And I’m sure they worked hard to change the look of the site, so it might be the best way, just not used to it, and not my favorite.
    But it’s like creches what’s good for some is not for others, (true in every field of life).

Talk soon,
    Fabienne

Fabienne

Message from my dh, software genius (in my opinion):

On a lot of online forums, there is a link on each thread to go straight to the first unread message. This helps a lot and is certainely much more useful than the possibility to read from the last newest message rather than from the oldest.

The first unread message can be stored very accurately by storing the last read message for each visited thread, or in a more general manner by showing the first message added since the last visit.

beams

it will take a while to get used ….as with everything i suppose 😕

munchin
    Participant

not overly keen will take a while to get used to
    is it me or is the part where we read post gone tiny with loads of adds etc to right & left

Fabienne

Another message from dh:

After testing the site myself, what I was talking about is working. Just click the little orange rectangle before the name of the thread and it brings you straight to the first unread message.

Of course it works only once, so if you go back and click it again, the second time it brings you at the very beginning of the thread. But it’s not too bad.

But the "edit" and "quote" buttons are not working. They don’t even show as links (the mouse cursor does not change shape).

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 55 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.