New here – But maybe wrong place

Home Forums Introduce Yourself New here – But maybe wrong place

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Melm

Hi,Great advice and support for leaving certificatestudents on http://www.rollercoaster.ie. Thanks for the kind words Maria.
    Mel

Melm

Hi there,
    I’m new to the site and I’m just wondering am I on the wrong site – Is any one going through the trials of the leaving certificate with their kids! Stressed..!

Maria30

Hi Melm,

Welcome to the site. My youngest brother is doing his leaving cert, my poor parents are up the walls with him. He just wont study and they keep trying to explain to him that he wont get the course he wants if he doesnt put the work in now. But its like talking to a brick wall. He got his mock results last week and they were sooo bad so hoping the penny has dropped with him.

I had a bit of a chat with him too as mam thinks he might listen to me more. Hope you dont get too stressed.

Maria

Melm

Thanks Maria,
    Mines the opposite problem – he is working really hard but has got poor results in the mocks and is really down over it. I keep telling him that it will be fine but he’s putting so much pressure on himself. All I can do is try and keep us all calm until its all over July 23rd..
    Melm

Maria30

My brother is just so laid back! He has the brains but just needs to put in some work.

Its a lot of pressure on the students and parents. Hope your son gets the results he needs especially as hes working so hard

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.