New Au Pair to the area

Home Forums Minder Finder New Au Pair to the area

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    sassy

Hi all

This is my first visit. Im relocating from the UK to Drogheda to become an au pair. Im looking to make new friends and would love to get in contact with you.

Hope to hear from you soon :D :D :roll:

happymumblemum
    Participant

Hi Sassy,
    I too am originally from England you will love it over here and make loads of friends, everything you need to know is on this site.

Look forward to chatting

kcireland

Hello Sassy.

Welcome to Mumstown.ie.
    Do you already have a job?
    There be some people interested on here!

sassy

Cheers guys !

Im hoping that I’ll settle. Im a little nervous and scared but hey, dont know till we try do we.
    I do have a family yes. I came over to Ireland last Friday and got back last night. I went and met families in Dublin and Cork and chose a family in Drogheda.

Im looking to do horse riding, dance classes, gyms and all sorts. How did you find settling in and making friends? Did you know anyone over in Ireland?
    🙂

happymumblemum
    Participant

plenty of info on here sassy 😆

I am here for ten years now with 1 little girl born here she is 4.

How old are the kids you will mind?

Whereabouts in England you from?

sassy

The children I will be minding are 5,3,2 and a new one on the way in a few weeks.

I come from Brighton on the South Coast. How about you ?What made you relocate over to Ireland?

happymumblemum
    Participant

gosh you will be kept busy so ….heaps to do in drogheda though and you will have to join the coffee mornings etc around the place keep a look out on the site for stuff to do.
    I am originally from Lincolnshire, cant really remeber why i came here at this stage, just seemed like fun at the time 😆

sassy

I’d love to get involved in the coffee mornings. Which bit on here do I look for them?
    Would you ever move back to the UK now or are you married and settled?

happymumblemum
    Participant

Would never go back permanantly to the u.k I love it here and am very settled.

In the general section is where most of us hang out especailly in the inane chat thread.

Coffee mornings have died off recently but up at Astro tots on a wednesday morning they have a good one 10-12 and we are gonna try and all meet there, it wont be starting back till the end of january.

There is load sof info on here too about mother and toddler groups just have a good search round.

It is a good idea to introduce yourself on the introduce yourself section too

Moonflower

Hi Sassy,

I too am originally from UK, not too far from you, near Southampton! I asked mumstown to set up this section, as i know a french au pair who was very lonely when she moved here 2 yrs ago. She has met some wonderful friends and now has a great social life and loves it here…..so much so that next year she is planning to stay and find a job not in childcare. She also loves riding and has found a stables where she goes and helps out and gets to ride every day.

I can always pass on your number to her when you arrive as she is very friendly and speaks fluent english now.

I live in Mornington and have lived in Ireland for 5 yrs now, for the first time in 5yrs i am beginning to settle here and I would say that this site has been a great help to me. So keep in touch and keep posting on here!!

Moonflower x

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.