Need to rant….

Home Forums National Chat Need to rant….

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Ok so….am living here about 6 months,we have 2 car park spaces outside our house,then a visitor space & then our next door neighbour has 2 spaces (but only one car) so last night when I got home both of my houses spaces were full & the visitor spot so I parked in one of my neighbours spots as I knew that I would only be there for 15 minutes (as my mother in law would be leaving)……when I came out to move the car there was an A4 piece of paper GLUED on to my front window telling me quite rudely not to park there…..now fair enough I know I shouldn’t have been in one of her spots but she was still able to park in the other one,i saw her car arriving 5 minutes after I got home.i have seen cars parked in her spots before & never a note put on the car.

So my point is she must have recognised that it was my car,I have NEVER parked in either of her spaces before….I think she was perfectly within her right to put a note under my windscreen wiper but GLUE……am actually really fecked off about it.it took a fair bit of scrubbing & cleaning to get it off.

Now I don’t want to fight with my neighbour as life is too poxy short for this kind of shite but does anyone agree with me that she had an overboard reaction to put glue on my car?….also do you think I should say anything to her or pretend it didn’t happen?….

libby1
    Participant

Thats horrible – What neighbours for to help each other out??

I hate to think what she would do if u parked there all day.. Its a bit uncalled for. I think

Although i was very pissed off two weeks ago, my neighbours had a skip on their drive so couldnt park their car.. Car no2 is parked outside the house has not moved in 6 months not taxed.. She blocked my car in the drive way every night, with her parking..
    We have room for 2 extra spaces across from us, but she didnt park their..

Her neighbour did the same last year and she went mad over it..

Anonymous
    Inactive

That’s mental libby……I mean did you have to get her to move her car then anytime you wanted to go out at night?….I think I would have been complaining if I was you.

I have to say 24 hours on,i still feel very agitated by my neighbour 👿

allyj

Never posted before but had to when I read your post haileysmum, that is total madness, especially the glue! I would be really fuming if a neighbour did that to me, but I have to say, if your neighbour is crazy and/or miserable enough to react this way then you probably won’t get any satisfaction out of confronting them on it. Life too short to waste your energy on it, just laugh at the madness of it!

libby1
    Participant

My hubby was able to get the car out for me at an angle, i was so annoyed with her… I had to confront her in the end, she wasnt impressed but what the hell she was blocking me in…..

Anonymous
    Inactive

Yeah Allyj ive decided to give her a wide berth, as one of my friends said if she does that over you being in her car park space for 10 minutes imagine what would happen if you were in it for a day-she’d probably slash your tyres.

So I will say hello if I see her when im coming or going from my house but I certainly wont be stopping for a chit chat…..she obviously has ISSUES!

Jedt
    Keymaster

She sounds mad but I have a suggestion – be extra nice to her! If you smile and say hello and be super nice, it will give her nothing to be aggressive about towards you. You do not want an enemy for a neighbour – its a nighmare. We used to have horrid neighbours years ago in our first apartment and I found if I argued with them it made things worse, so Iwas extra nice and always said hello and commented on the weather etc and took in a parcel for them if they were not home. Things like that can diffuse a situation.

I find a sweet smile is more discerning to people who annoy me than a scowl.

Its a different approach to contrary people – but it often works.

HTH 😀

Anonymous
    Inactive

Yep I will have my fake happy smile on for my mental neighbour next time I see her 😀

I think my first impression has turned out to be right about her as the very first time I met her she moved in around the same time we did to her house & she told me that she was "downsizing" & she said how small our houses were etc……..I thought wow you snooty cow!- turns out I was right!.

we thought we were doing great moving from our 2 bed apartment to a 3 bed house with a garden & she was making out we were slumming it as she was downsizing from a 5 bed house Aghhhhhhhhhhhh!

Jedt
    Keymaster

Sounds to me like she is mad at her situation and not at you in particular but if you give her an excuse, she may fly off the handle with you.

If she is downsizing from a 5 bed, its safe to assume there was ample parking there so having allocated spaces if just another reminder that they are in a different situation now and are not too happy about it.

Give her plenty of space and kill her with kindness!!!

Good luck, I hope things settle down and it all works out for you there. 😀

Anonymous
    Inactive

crazy neighbour update!……she is now parking her car right in the middle of her 2 spaces just in case anyone else decides to dare to park there- oh the joys of neighbours! 😀

munchin
    Participant

oh god talk about childish!
    Just kill her with kindness! 😉

pookie2

Act as if you haven’t even noticed the glue / silly parking etc. It will drive her nuts if she thinks her actions have not even registered with you…. Had similar parking nonsense at last house…

Was in number 2 of short terrace. Parked our one car full of cars seats in front of it every day. No cars in three or four & number one parked round back. Couple in no 10 had two cars & started parking right in front of mine. Didn’t know who’s car it was at first, but after this happening a few times, I left a note in a freezer bag under the wiper, explaining that normally the householder parked in front of their own house.

Got a visit from her & her husband telling me I had a nerve. I pointed out that there was plenty of space much closer to their own house & that they could always park around the back (not practical for me with lots of small kids as the parking spot was at the end of a 100 foot long garden & way yo narrow to get kids out of car seats – also very bad parker!). I even told her what houses didn’t have any cars.

I was home before her for the next while. but next thing I know the wagon parked in front of my house on the footpath so I couldn’t get double buggy in or out. Couldn’t even get a shopping bag passed. Went down to ask her to move, but she was gone on hols for two weeks. Her car was gone on hols when she got back….. Guards towed it as it was illegally parked on footpath. People can be ridiculous about parking….

Anonymous
    Inactive

Oh god pookie, that sounds like a nightmare,yep people are odd!.

I haven’t set eyes on my neighbour since……so god only knows what shes going to say to me when she sees me!

munchin
    Participant

haileysmum don’t you be fretting bout what she’s going to say – let it be her problem! 😉

pookie2

Yeah, best to smile & be friendly – and don’t worry about it. She could have been hormonal or in a bad place at the time. These things usually calm down.

If my ‘wagon’ hadn’t literally blocked me into my house, I’d just have ignored her petty parking while on hols – but as it was, I had no choice. She forced my hand. Never heard a word about it again….

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.