Need clothes for a wedding

Home Forums SWAP SHOP Need clothes for a wedding

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Fabienne

There is a free personal shopping service in Marshes shopping centre Dundalk, they take you around the centre and help you find an outfit that suits you, on your budget. It is a really great service and does not cost a cent – you get expert advice about what looks good on you. I know the stylist, Caroline McEvoy and can tell you that she is really lovely and down to earth.

Shaws in Laurence Town Centre is very good too; they always have great sales on. Check out Wallis & Warehouse in there; they have gorgeous dresses and plenty for under 30 euro. I got a dress, knee length in red, size 16 in there a few weeks ago for 13 euro!! and its beautiful, fitted on top, nipped in at the waist and falls to the knee with pleats in the material, kind of 60’s vibe. Really flattering on while I’m shifting the baby weight but need clothes for events & going out etc

You can also check out the following online for ideas:
    New Look have a range called ‘Inspire’ for size 16 upwards and there are some lovely things in there (look at this dress for example, its lovely: http://www.newlook.com/shop/womens/insp … _238078693)

Littlewoods have a size 16+ range too, see here: http://www.littlewoodsireland.ie/women/ … 63&nav=top)

Asos have some on sale in size 18 and they do free delivery: http://www.asos.com/Women/Dresses/Cat/p … 20&sort=-1

BooHoo.com have some amazing dresses for under 10 euro! They ship from Dublin for next day delivery. Here is a nice one, size 16 for 8 euro http://www.boohoo.com/europe/sale/icat/ … er_Size=16

Have a look through the above and see what you like, what kind of colours etc and if you need any more help maybe try the stylist in Marshes, she’s really fab, I know some mums who have gone to her and they are delighted with the advice she gave them.

We all need a little advice sometimes, I went to her myself a few years ago and learned some great tips from her. Highly recommend.

Hope some of that helps.

Fabienne

I have to go to a wedding in july, 21st.
    I’m a size 20, maybe 16/18 then, don’t want to spend money on it as will only wear it once. Budget max 30 euro, where should I go. WHERE?
    Should I wait for the sales in july? What if i can;t find anything at the last minute?

Might be a posh wedding, don’t even know. Could not be as well.
    We don’t really know people there so can’t find out.
    It’s a french cousin of my husband.

it’s early but don’t like clothe shopping and starting to panic already.

Fabienne

blonde

Hi fabienne
    My sis is a plus 24 and she buys most of her clothes in new look or evans for a special occasion, i know the wedding is not until july but with the sales on you might pick up a bargain 😀

Fabienne

Never went inside a new look, thought it was for skinny teenagers.
    Does prove I should have an open mind when it come to clothes shopping, and I don’t. Sad really.

Thanks for info,

Fabienne

Jedt

Also, you should try to buy a dress that you will not only wear once. There is no reason that you cannot get something pretty for a wedding that you can also wear again for special events like nights out, anniversaries, even going to dinner with your family on a sunny day.

Maxi dresses are great for dressing up and down for different occasions, that could be a style to look at. They are great with wedges, if you do not like spiky high heels.

Just make sure if you are buying a maxi to go for a petite length, as us small ladies need the shorter versions or they end up being far too long on us and we have to pay to have them altered!!

libby1
    Participant

I have a blue dress… you can try it if you want…. it has a shawl too…
    Its a size 24 but you could do alterations to it….
    What size Shoes are you??

Its posted on Facebook – Dresses for the bigger Lady…

Fabienne

[url]http://www.littlewoodsireland.ie/so-fabulous-bustier-dress/924247532.prd?trail=1589-1962-1963-6656-1220&nav=top&prdToken=/p/prod8285440-sku14036894-DL&browseToken=/b/1220,1963,6656/s/bestsellers,0&totalResults=1[/url]

[url]http://www.asos.com/ASOS/ASOS-One-Shoulder-Dress-with-Bow/Prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=1846704&cid=8799&Rf-300=1946&Rf-800=-1,30&sh=0&pge=6&pgesize=20&sort=-1&clr=Black[/url]

which one?
    In black. few things I don’t like in both but. cheap and will save me a trip up to dundalk.

Thanks libby but I think I saw it and out of my price range and I don’t wear blue even if it suits me skin type, I don’t like it.

Shoe size 5.5/6,
    Have my pair but will not do as it’s closed shoes and brown more winter type, but the only ones Ilike to dance with. I already have to deal that I’ll danse with my husband, and it’s tough enough. I find him too tall when I danse with him.
    So now have to change shoes and the husband 😆 😆
    Really don’t want other shoes, but I guess I won’t have a choice.

Fabienne

Fabienne

I guess the first is better for my body shape.
    How do you think it can cope with weight change? For less I hope?

Fabienne

Fabienne

Did ordered it.
    Job done.

Taylor5

some stunning dresses on sale in tkmaxx at the moment

Jedt

which one did you go for Fabienne?

Fabienne

The one from littlewoods, I think it will suit my body shape better, even if I find the other one better for a wedding.

And it was only 16 euros, so very good bargain within my budget.

Fabienne

pixie71

Was going to post but I see I think you are sorted, Evans and New Look are great, littlewoods is good too! Hope you got sorted out 🙂

Fabienne

Got dress today.
    A bit small (hoping to loose weight between now and july, maybe wrong tatic) not so sure now it’s going to be ok.
    But I’ll be here for the sales in lune/july before the wedding so I’ll check New look or Evans then.

Thanks all for advices.

Fabienne

kairen100

Have my pair but will not do as it’s closed shoes and brown more winter type, but the only ones Ilike to dance with. I already have to deal that I’ll danse with my husband, and it’s tough enough. I find him too tall when I danse with him.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.