Neck of womb swipe???

Home Forums National Chat Neck of womb swipe???

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 46 total)
  • Author
    Happymammy

Hi girls

Anyone ever get this im getting it done next thursday? What am i to expect?? Its a very bits and bobs question but ive googled it and really got nowhere!

posie

Hi
    It’s normally called a sweep (sweep of the membranes), so that might give you more info if you google it.
    I’ve had one, and it only lasts for a minute. It’s a bit uncomfortable but not painful. It worked for me – I went into labour about a day and a half later. I went for a lot of walks after it which also helped I think.

Happymammy

Was that your first child? the doc seems to think that i will go fairly quickly after the sweep (sorry i said swipe!)

posie

Yes that was my first. It was done on 7 days over, then labour started between day 8 and 9. It stopped for about 12 hours but I knew I was on my way and things progressed from there. I was due to be induced on about day 14 so I was determined to get things moving before that – I walked, did housework, cooked dinners etc. I hardly sat down for two days!!!

Happymammy

Really im not actually due until da monday. So he would be doing it 4 days earlier so please god it works!

Taylor5

Happy I had it done on Ds as I had pre eclampisa and they wanted baby out. It didnt work for me, I did have a bit of spotting that evening and could feel movement, my mucas plug came away but I still didnt go into labour, so had to get an induction.

The sweep is very easy, the doctor or midwife just (TMI moment) get there finger and sweep the neck of the womb, I think they break the membranes and this can cause the waters to break and labour to start withinn 24 hours or so….. its not like you get the sweep and in labour minutes later so dont panic.
    God its mad to think your pregnancy is nearly over, you’ve been a rock to me and I loved listening to your moans 😥 😆 😆 😆

Gismo

I got this done aswell and it didn’t work for me either and had to be induced but its nothing to worry about just a bit uncomfortable not painful

Happymammy

Dont start me cryn taylor i was nearly having panic attacks thinking they where gonna be doing all sorts to my poor fandaloosey!!!! My friend came over with me and she had me in stitches laughing! I think im gonna bring her into the labour ward with me instead of the beau!!!! 😆

Taylor5

just sent you a rude pm 😉 😆 😆 😆

Happymammy

Dirty Biatch!!!!!! 🙄 😆

Jenny!!!

Poor happymammy, it doesnt sound too bad tho and at least you know the end is in sight, 😛

ed1
    Participant

i had the sweep done on both mine. it worked on my first and labour started (although i didnt know i was in labour 😳 😳 ) next day but it didnt on my second. i had to be induced at 10 days over.

kasia

had it done with my second without any explenation or consent. 😈 didn’t work. so i had to be be induced couple of days later.
    hopefully you are going to be lucky one and it will work for you.

Taylor5

I didnt think you would have to give consent, if the doc was just doing an internal they may decied there and then to do it.

kasia

every procedure no matter how "simple" should be explained, and you don’t have to agree to it. unfortunately it doesn’t happen all the time.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 46 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.