Navan, furniture shops

Home Forums National Chat Navan, furniture shops

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Fabienne

Taylor I did see the ones on dfs, but the way it’s done you can’t see the bed. And don’t want to buy a sofa online. I called and the info the gave was inconclusive, could not tell me the thickness of the bed, just said comfortable.

We did ALL the furniture shops in Navan.
    Most of them did not have or heard of a corner sofa bed. In one they can transform a corner suite, but the bed they can put in is quite narrow, and we’ve been told to add a mattress topper… but sofa nice.

In one shop the sales person told us, they don’t have but there is a local guy who does ANYTHING sofa wise on demand. He told us, go inside the shop, who’s not really appeling from the outside, but do go in.

So it was our last stop, it’s called sofasogood.ie
    We talked to the owner and maker of the sofas.
    Great surprise, he can do what we want, for much less than sofa compagny who can do something but very expensive and very bulky.
    So that man, can do it, large bed (normal double), we could not try the bed, but the man seams genuine and he said they are good quality (anyway until now did not find great sofa bed). He said because of the matress been thicker than normal sofa bed the system is slightly different, but easy to pull in and out.
    So we went onto he website, look at it all, and we can pick parts of any kind of sofa to built it to our image.
    Now it’s just a question of going back to him (without the children) and choosing the fabric, the comfort of the seats, depending if we like it soft, medium or hard. We tried a few and they are nice. Once we go ahead there is a 4 weeks delay to make it.

His shop that does not look like a shop, it’s a small expo room of the back of which he has his room where he makes the sofas.

I’ll let you know once we have it, my dream corner sofa bed.

But now I’m at lost, because it was always so difficult to find the right shape/comfort of corner sofa bed that I said I’ll take any ok fabric/colour. Now I’ll have to choose the colour and don’t really know. Have to think about it.
    Suggestions?
    My curtains are red, so is my sofa at the moment and walls are magnolia!
    Don’t know if I want to go onto the red route again.
    It’s a very bright room, large windows onto 2 out of the 4 walls.
    Suggestions welcome.
    Fabienne

Taylor5

Would you go for leather? Or you going for fabric?

I wouldnt choose a sofa colour around the colour of curtains or paint, as the sofa is there for life (sort of) as the paint and curtains would be changed .

I have a purple leather (people think its brown) with cream walls and curtains…. with red curtains i would be going biscuit, taupes, creams, browns…. if you go for cream or beige colours they go with everything.

I wouldnt worry about colour so much, what i would worry about is can it be machine washable or does it have to be drycleaned.
    I will have to have a look at his site, i was going to the sofa company, i like what they could do but they were OVER my budget

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.