Nappy Rash–any tips

Home Forums National Chat Nappy Rash–any tips

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Wonderwoman

Hi..just wondering does anyone have any tips for a Nappy Rash..it’s not too bad yet, i’ve put soother cream on it, but it’s not clearing up! any remedies?

Also anyone know if there is anything good for getting rid of Cradle Cap…little bit left on my DD…i keep it moisturized but not going??

All tips welcome

Anonymous
    Inactive

Del

rossylisa

canesteen powder for nappy rash and for the cradle cap baby oil in the head and scrap it out hth

MissyG

bepanthen is really really good

missyg

Happymammy

Anything wet (creams etc) feeds nappy rash, the powder is the best. Its called Candesten. Smels lovely! Try changing nappies from pampers to lidl! They are absolutely excellent and my daughter has never had a red bum since!

super minder

my grandmother didnt belive in cream or power till there at least one.

she said take nappy off and let baby roll around on newspaper for ten minutes bath and pat down gentle and by the next morning the rash will be going or gone. it really works . she had ten kids. and loads of grandkids and great grand kids.

baby oil works wonders in moderation obv..you don’t want a huge oil problem after….as for the diaper rash yes baby wipes do make it worse because there’s alcohol in them…i’d just run his/her bum under the sink wiht warn water and baby soap….let him air dry 😀

baby oil works wonders in moderation obv..you don’t want a huge oil problem after….as for the diaper rash yes baby wipes do make it worse because there’s alcohol in them…i’d just run his/her bum under the sink wiht warn water and baby soap….let him air dry 😀

Anonymous
    Inactive

After 5 children I found this is one godsend of a cream to have for a baby. It really is amazing. A baby can have a bleeding bottom from nappy rash in the morning and late that night it is clear again……just with this cream. Obviously I bathed the baby in between nappy changes to keep area clean without rubbing at it with wipes etc. But definately works. I buy it in Miriam Mahers Chemist in the old town shopping centre on west street. There is a calendula cream also but this is better….Boots also do a calendula cream but its is less concentrate and doesnt work as well…this has 3g of the calendula herb in it.

Weleda Balsamicum Ointment – description of what its for….
    For abrasions, nappy rash, boils and slow healing minor wounds. Made with plant extracts of soothing calendula to promote healing, mercurialis perennis for its anti-inflammatory action and balsam of Peru as a natural antiseptic.
    Suitable for vegetarians.

Taylor5

All Weleda products are great and plan old vaseline as a barrier cream, keeps the wee away from the skin.

cradle cap you can rub baby oil into the scalp a few times during the day, then before bath time either brush or rub the scalp with a rough towel, I sometimes give a little scratch and what comes away, it its doesnt come away add more oil the next day and repeat, should be gone in a day or two

Wonderwoman

thanks a million for all your tips…deinitely going to try a few of them.

Babs

Weleda cream great..I swear by it too!!!

Sabrinab 08

Hi womderwoman.. have to say i find Savlon cream in the pink and blue tube brilliant and fast fro all rashes or the old fav is Vasogen!! Vasogen is hard to get cause its old,b ut works wonders for all rashes including Eczema(my ds has it)!! 😀

jeanette

i was just looking for tips on nappy-rash. and here it is!! thi site is so great.
    tnx all
    jeanette

kcireland

the town centre pharmacy in drogheda town centre does a great homemade cream nappy cream; it 100% natural. would totally recommend

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.