NAPPIES – PAMPERS VERSUS LIDL BRAND (AND AMAZED)!

Home Forums National Chat NAPPIES – PAMPERS VERSUS LIDL BRAND (AND AMAZED)!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi,
    Watched an article on the Afternoon Show last week about nappies. Some mums tried out Huggies, Pampers, Lidl Brand and another non-bleached brand.

I used Pampers on all mine and was using them on my little son now. However, I tried the Lidl brand as they got such a rave review. Honestly, I was a pampers girl through and through from my 1st child 13yrs ago to my 5th now….but I’ve changed.

Lidl nappies are excellent. Excellent soakage, elastic, tabs, and slim nappies but at a different price. I’m converted…and shocked. Never thought I’d not use Pampers…..!

Just curious what others think.

Mummy5

munchin
    Participant

i use the lidl nappies on my dd during the day but i do use pampers at night – just think they have the little bit extra for when they are in the nappies longer BUT the lidl are really good and soooo much cheaper

scole1

i always used pampers but have been getting aldi nappies very like pampers but cheaper and fine….

joey_rudd

i ‘d use all if them except huggies i don’t think they are very good
    the tabs break off easily and they leak alot
    along with the huggies wipes to they break apart if your trying to take them out of the pack
    pampers are good but too expensive when you think that they are just the same as aldi or lidl nappies which you can get for a lot cheaper

Taylor5

Someone told me that Tesco brand nappies are very very good, they are very like the pampers active fit. Ds is still in nappies at nightime (pull ups leak too much and soooo expensive) so going to try the tesco ones this evening, will let you know how I get on.

I did use Lidl nappies and found them fine during the day but not at night, I did try the Aldi pullups but even the largest size are tiny.. I use huggies pull ups an they are great (only at nightime or nap time) got pampers ones and god they are crap they split at the sides

Happymammy

Love Lidl nappies ive tried pampers and she was leaking out the sides and up her belly etc etc then i tried the huggies she had a red bum within days the wee was still on her bottom very little soakage. Then i got the lidl nappies very cheap and you get double the amount! Never looked back, no red bum or leakages and having to bring spare bottome and vest everywhere with me 😀

Anonymous
    Inactive

Just goes to show…………..funny how huggies is the one brand I found wasnt great in nappies but ok in pullups……

Anonymous
    Inactive

I have to cast my vote for Huggies! They are the only ones that fit my kids properly. To me Pampers always smell like wee 😆 Having said that, we can’t get hold of Huggies at the mo so we are using the Aldi ones and they are great.

The one thing I have noticed about Huggies is that different countries make them to different specifications. They do a line called Cuddlers or something like that which are a cheaper version of their regular nappies and in some places, they use the same materials for their high end nappies as for their more economic ones 😯 I was annoyed when I found this out. Still, I do think cloth is the only way to go if I could just get myself into gear to get them.!

pampers all the way lidl nappys arent that good wit active todlers 🙂 😀 🙂

trixiebell
    Participant

I like Pampers, Lidl and Aldi nappies, depends really on where I do my shopping, I have never liked Huggies tho, they always leaked on me so never bought them again.

laineymc

Hi, I bought a special offer of a box of 81 Huggies nappies and I rue the day I ever did. Had to change ds clothes at least twice a day right down to his vest as he leaked very badly. I wasn’t even getting two hours out of a nappy. He’s 15 months old. I just wonder if the boxes of nappies are seconds. This box was 15.99 in a local store…. I’ve never had this problem with Huggies before the odd time I changed from Pampers or Lidl nappies which are, in my opinion much better.
    Anyway, thats my rant over now. 🙂

Shortie

ive used pampers but im intrigued now .. must try Lidl ones

Anonymous
    Inactive

Interesting isn’t it……seems pampers and lidl nappies are up there together…..makes you think what else do we use that is a well known brand that maybe a lesser brand is just as good.!
    Mummy5

happymumblemum
    Participant

Aldi, Lidl, Sainsburys, Asda own, anything but Pampers!! Used Pampers for about 6 months when dd was born and once I tried the other brands I never went back.

Never had a problem re leakage with Aldi / Lidl nappies to be honest.

Why pay 2/3 times the prices for something thats gonna be pooed on. 😆

Moonflower

Pampers,Tesco,Lidl..thats my top three in order….but have to say Lidl’s pull ups are my favourite out of pull ups.

Tescos no 6 nappies only ones thats dont leak at night on DS,wakes up every morning now with dry jarmies…. 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.