My sisters in labour!!!

Home Forums Pregnancy, Mums2Be, Birth, New Parents My sisters in labour!!!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

oh exciting stuff haileysmum – hopefully all over and your sister and babs are doing well – keep us posted xo

Anonymous
    Inactive

My sister was a week overdue today & went into hospital for appointment & they did a sweep & then said that she was no way ready to have her waters broken & that the baby was 2 high up,so she was sent home to come back in 2 days.

She went home in agony only forher waters to break a few hours later,she is back in hosp now & is 4cm & has just got her epidural…..i feel such a sense of excitement & nerves for her.

I am just hoping & praying that the baby is going to be healthy & that my sister will be alright.I think I will always have a fear that something is going to go wrong with anyone i know that is pregnant due to none of the hospital staff picking up on Haileys condition when i was pregnant.So fingers crossed in the near future I will be putting up a happy arrival message of a new little babba 😀

Jedt
    Keymaster

any news??

Anonymous
    Inactive

she got as far as 4cm….but then didnt progress any further for a few hours so they gave her a c-section.she was a bit upset as she wanted to go by herself but it just wasnt meant to be.

She had a baby boy 7lbs 1oz and his name is Shane.Both are doing well at the moment,she is just a bit sore from the section.

Jedt
    Keymaster

Lovely name and lovely weight too. Its disappointing for her about the birth but the main thing is, they are both ok. Healthy baby = happy mammy 😀

Next time maybe she will be able to go au natural! 😆

Congratulations Auntie, you must be thrilled, its so exciting when a sibling has a baby. 😀

munchin
    Participant

ah i understand her disspointment i got to 10cm but madam wouldn’t come any further and was too far up for suction so cue the mad rush that is emergency section. Delighted it’s all over for her and they’re both good. Lovely name and good weight too – Congrats on becoming an Auntie 😉

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks for your nice wishes.I cant wait to see him,the hospital only allows visitors from7-8pm….she lives 2hours away from me so i have booked the day off work on tues when she will be home from hosp that way i will get to spend longer with them,but wish i could see him now too.

God Munchin,you poor thing getting all the way to 10cm,its like you had double the work with both things happening to you.Well as you all say the main thing is healthy baby & healthy mum as the end product 😀

pookie2

Congrats to your sister & yourself – hope I have better luck in a couple of weeks….

Saw a bit of ‘From Here To Maternity’ this evening on TV & like your sis, the natural birth wasn’t meant to be. She started overdue & had to be induced. She started in the birthing pool, but pain got so bad she changed to an epidural. Fully dilated, but baby wouldn’t come out, heart beat slowing etc. Then no luck with forceps or vaccuum. Then had section. Talk about trying everything!!!! Poor girl on her first baby….

libby1
    Participant

Congrads
    A cousin for Hailey thats lovely..
    x

chickpea

Big congrats to your sister…Im sure they are both doing well now and glad to be out the other end of it…

Shane is a lovely name and a good weight..well done to mammy, daddy and baby shane… 😀

Taylor5

I know that feeling of Disappointment, i got to 8cm on my first and 7cm on my second, had to get sectioned on both. I was gutted on the first and beat myself up about it for months. I really felt i had failed

I tried for a natural birth on the second but it wasnt to be, i later found out when reading my own files, that on both babies the cord was wrapped around their necks. It was around twice on my first, only then did i look at my section as being heaven sent and a total blessing. If i had not had my section i might not have my baby

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hailey actually had the cord wrapped around her neck when she was born & so did I my mum tells me so i reckon we must have been active babies in the womb!

My sis all going to plan is getting out of hospital today.they want her to go back to her GP tomorrow though as her BP is high.She has been having trouble trying to get feeds into Shane & he has vomitted a few times but he hasnt lost enough weight that they want her to stay in longer.So hopefully once they are home everything will go back to normal with her BP & his feeds.

Cant wait to see him,have seen loads of photos & he is a cutie!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.